Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

• Admin
On 5/14/2016 at 20:59, Nerf said:

Lots of talk in Germany that Goetze to Liverpool for £20m is "all but done."

Liverpool appear to have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Mario Götze after the Germany international apparently committed his future to Bayern Munich.

Jürgen Klopp has identified the man who scored Germany’s winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final as a transfer priority and was optimistic of completing a deal for around £20m. However, despite reports last month that the 23-year-old has been told by the incoming Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti that he does not figure in his plans, the German newspaper Bild quoted Götze as saying he has now decided to remain in Munich.

“I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti,” he said.

• Like 2

One of the big things about it is that his agent won't be his agent anymore. Supposedly he was pushing a move away and now he's been relieved of his services. 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2016 at 23:33, Rafael said:

Newcastle are weighing up a move for Angers' central midfielder Cheikh N'Doye. Cracking signing for the championship if true.

Newcastle's summer transfer policy

Is he a defender?

Y = Sign him up

N = We don't need him.

I don't want Goetze at Liverpool. We have three number ten style players; we don't need a fourth. Get a proper winger or two, maybe a center midfielder, and for the love of God a fucking left back. 

The deal for that Mainz keeper seems about done.

On 5/21/2016 at 09:09, Alexis Sanchez said:

Brilliant signing. Not even a week since the end of the season. Nice to be getting things done early.

I agree ... until I remember that this'll likely be the only person we sign that can legally drive, smoke, drink, and vote during the summer window.

Case in point:  We're apparently looking into Maxi Romero again ...

32 minutes ago, Rocky Horror Szumi Show said:

I don't want Goetze at Liverpool. We have three number ten style players; we don't need a fourth. Get a proper winger or two, maybe a center midfielder, and for the love of God a fucking left back. 

The deal for that Mainz keeper seems about done.

There's no such thing as a DONE DEAL until there is a LEAN 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

There's no such thing as a DONE DEAL until there is a LEAN 

About done, not done! We know no Liverpool signing is finalized until you get that Liverpool Lean

On 5/20/2016 at 13:47, Chris2K said:

Forgive me if I've missed something, but where are West Ham getting all the money for their recent bids?

Not paying for a new stadium and selling your old one for £70 million is a massive help. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

How many 'Lukaku to Chelsea for an awful lot of money' stories should I ignore before I am forced to consider there might be something in it? <_<

At least three more. A good number.

• Like 1