Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Every transfer rumour I've heard so far for Leicester is a midfielder, which is literally the only place we don't need extra strength or depth >_>

Every day there's a new link to that Lapadula, he's a striker, and some bloke called Lucas. No not that one, or the other one. A different one.

• Admin

Jerome Sinclair will sign for Watford on July 1 after his Liverpool contract expires, according to Sky sources. The 19-year-old striker has struggled to break into the first team under Jurgen Klopp and his predecessor Brendan Rodgers, and has made only one start for the Reds. Liverpool would be due compensation due his home-grown status. Sinclair moved to Anfield as a 15-year-old from West Brom in 2011 and has made a total of five appearances, scoring in the FA Cup game against Exeter in January.

• Admin

Liverpool are close to completing the signing of Loris Karius from Jürgen Klopp’s former club Mainz in a deal worth around £4.7m.

Klopp, who vowed there would be changes to the Liverpool squad this summer in the aftermath of Wednesday’s Europa League final defeat to Sevilla, wants the 22-year-old goalkeeper to increase competition with Simon Mignolet for next season.

Talks between the two clubs have progressed in recent days and a deal for Karius, who spent time with Manchester City as a teenager, could be completed next week.

Mignolet doesn't need competition.  He needs sticking in a crate and sent off far away like in Indiana Jones. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Forgive me if I've missed something, but where are West Ham getting all the money for their recent bids?

New TV deal and they're probably relying on a bigger revenue coming from the Olympic Stadium.

14 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Mignolet doesn't need competition.  He needs sticking in a crate and sent off far away like in Indiana Jones. 

I think he does. I think I could probably get a game ahead of Brad Jones or Adam Bogdan and I was only ever a decent goalie in indoor soccer.

34 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Forgive me if I've missed something, but where are West Ham getting all the money for their recent bids?

Selling half inched stereos 

• Like 1

Jerome Sinclair's inevitable Liverpool exit has been confirmed as he has signed for Watford.

1 hour ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

Brilliant signing. Not even a week since the end of the season. Nice to be getting things done early.

Sounds like its set in stone

• Like 4