Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

• Admin

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could become king of Oberhausen if he signs for the German city's fourth-tier football club. The striker, 34, is considering offers after leaving Paris St-Germain but few will be as creative as what Rot-Weiss Oberhausen have put forward. The club says the striker's signature on a two-year contract would see the city introduce a monarchy that Ibrahimovic will head, while a local beer will be renamed to feature his name.

• Admin

Borussia Dortmund are reportedly set to sign defender Marc Bartra from Barcelona. According to Barcelona-based paper Sport, Bartra will leave for for 8m euros and is currently undergoing a medical in Germany. It is thought he will sign a five-year deal after spending seven seasons with Barca, during which he made 108 appearances.

West Ham's offer to sign AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca has been rejected, the player's agent has confirmed. Earlier this week, Sky sources reported that the Hammers had made a £15m bid for the Colombian.

Manchester United made a world-record bid for Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller last summer, according to chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. Muller was repeatedly linked with a move to United in the British press, and Rummenigge told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung the offer was not considered for even one second. "We had a mad offer from Manchester United last year, which was not a topic for one second. We could have secured a world-record transfer fee."

It's an interesting one the Vardy rumour. He thrives in a counter attacking team whereas Arsenal will be a totally different style to him so will he be able to fit in. He's proven he can score over 20 goals in a season but is he a one season wonder. It's not exactly breaking the bank for someone who has shown he can perform but he's 29. 

It looks like it can work for Arsenal yet at the same time it doesn't look like it would work. 

I guess it's time to see if Jamie Vardy is a rare "loyal footballer" or someone who will jump when more money comes calling and the prospect of more sustained success.

Based on what I've seen of Vardy's character I think I can see how this ends, and it's not good for Leicester.

Well it's not like he's a lifetime Leicester man. I know there might be an expectation for all of Leicester's stars to remain for another season, but he's 29 already so he's really at the stage where he might not get another offer from X or Y club in his career.

53 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I guess it's time to see if Jamie Vardy is a rare "loyal footballer" or someone who will jump when more money comes calling and the prospect of more sustained success.

Based on what I've seen of Vardy's character I think I can see how this ends, and it's not good for Leicester.

Now come on, you make it sound like him signing for Arsenal would be some kind of dick move when it really wouldn't be. Last chance for a 'promotion' in this very short career he does, he isn't a Leicester lad nor are Leicester some team of saints representing a noble cause.

Personally, I hope he stays as I doubt he will ever have as good a season as he's just had again and he isn't the type of player that suits Arsenal. At the same time I also don't think he'd be as big a loss to Leicester as Mahrez would be if he were to leave.