Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

• Admin

Tottenham have been granted permission to speak to the AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen, it is understood. Janssen is one of Europe’s most exciting young forwards, having scored 27 goals in 34 matches in the Eredivisie last season.

A transfer fee is yet to be agreed between the clubs, but AZ have allowed the 21-year-old to hold talks with Spurs and he arrived in London on Tuesday.

Several teams have expressed an interest in Janssen, who already has five caps for Holland, but Mauricio Pochettino’s side are the first he has spoken to this summer. AZ are believed to want around £12m for their top goalscorer, a fee unlikely to deter Spurs, although negotiations are ongoing around additional performance-related payments.

Tottenham are desperate to add forward cover for Harry Kane, who played in all 38 of his team’s Premier League matches last term. Kane, who won the Golden Boot with 25 goals, is unlikely to be dislodged from the first team, but another offensive player would give Pochettino greater options off the bench and in cup competitions.

Janssen has enjoyed a remarkable rise to stardom, joining AZ only last summer after he scored 19 times for Almere City in the Dutch second tier. Renowned for his high energy and excellent technique, Janssen this calendar year snared 21 goals in 17 league appearances. He also found the net against England in Holland’s 2-1 win at Wembley in March.

If you can't make a good highlight video of someone on YouTube then you've gotta be asking questions :P

• Like 1

Hahaha, whoops. I meant I am convinced. Not sure where the not came from. 

Such a plum. 

Highlight video makes him look like a world beater, obvs. For real though, he does look very sharp and has a good scoring record for Holland & club. Looks like a like-for-like for Kane in many ways. 

Edited by Jimmy

55 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

If you can't make a good highlight video of someone on YouTube then you've gotta be asking questions :P

Nacho Gonzalez, Premier League legend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Hahaha, whoops. I meant I am convinced. Not sure where the not came from. 

Such a plum. 

Highlight video makes him look like a world beater, obvs. For real though, he does look very sharp and has a good scoring record for Holland & club. Looks like a like-for-like for Kane in many ways. 

Is he the one who scored against England at Wembley? I remember we were linked with him a while back. Would be a decent signing to get as a back up to Kane. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Is it a hard LL like it's written? Or a soft LL like in Spanish?

I'd imagine you'd pronounce it is a Y because Mr. Bailly is from a French speaking country. That's how you do ll after an i in French. Like juillet or oreille.

14 hours ago, Adam said:

Aguero and Aubameyang up front?

Cancel the season, it's over already.

Nah. He's shit.

agyemanglead522-980529_478x359.jpg