Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

2 hours ago, Executive Kaney said:

I'm not entirely keen on Vardy to us but I suppose it's better than not signing anyone. Would have much rather had a proper centre back brought in but eh. Who am I kidding.

Is Ibra to Man U actually happening?

I'm actually thinking there will be more to come even after Vardy.

Rodriguez rumours seem to have a bit of authenticity to them, I for one would be over the moon if we signed him. In the top 3 left backs in Europe for me.

What I do like about the Vardy signing (Xhala too), is that we're adding genuine steel and fight to the squad which is what we have been missing. I'm predicting that Xhaka will be captain within 2-3 seasons as well if all goes well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Executive Kaney said:

Is Ibra to Man U actually happening?

Looks like it. Latest is that it seems he'll be given permission to leave the Sweden camp to get signed up before the Euro's. They play Wales later, so after that, maybe.

I hope the deal for Bailly goes through. I've not seen much of him admittedly, but there were rumours that Pep wanted to take him to City a month or two ago, and we could really use a new CB to partner Smalling.

• Admin

Crystal Palace intend to trigger the £10.5m release clause in Andros Townsend’s contract at Newcastle United later this month, report the Guardian. Townsend has an £8m release clause for clubs who finished last term in the top half of the Premier League, though only if he was involved in the England squad. A second clause, understood to be set at around £10.5m, can also be triggered by clubs who finished in the lower half of the table. Palace’s disappointing league form over the past six months led to them finishing 15th. A fee of around £10.5m would put Townsend alongside Yohan Cabaye as the club’s record signing, with his wages, at close to £80,000 a week, expected to fall in line with those of Cabaye.

Palace had also declared an interest in securing Nathan Redmond from Norwich City, though he is likely to join Stoke City instead for around £10m. The England Under-21 international is entering into the final 12 months of his contract at Carrow Road and is anxious to remain in the top flight.

'CONTE WANTS KANTE' 

It remains to be seen whether there's any truth to it, or if it just makes a fancy headline. 

I can understand Vardy leaving but it'd be a shame if Mahrez and Kante followed suit. It would have been nice to see the stars of last season have a crack at the CL. 

Chelsea stories have revolved around the club wanting Nainggolan but Roma not being keen on selling, so Kante might be an alternative. I don't really know if Nainggolan is any good and I've seen what Kante can do - plus our midfield really needs additions, so I'd like to see Kante at the Bridge if at all possible.

Will probably have to hike his wages if he's to even consider ditching CL football, but who knows. In all likelihood none of this will happen and Chelsea will find another washed-up Mendes client to splash the cash on. :shifty: