2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

Sounds like Kiffin to FAU.

And Kizer has declared for the NFL Draft. I don't think it's a good idea, just as I didn't think Clausen leaving early was a good idea. I'm sure a team like the Bears will take Kizer early, and I hope he does well. But another season of trying to wrap his head around the game could have done him wonders. 

5 hours ago, damshow said:

Musburger has also been phoning it in for 20 years, possibly a byproduct of working for ESPN.

I mean nowadays the only notable calls of his are when he's gushing over college girls when they pan over the crowd.

Honestly, I think he was bitter about being fired by CBS and has never gotten over it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Honestly, I think he was bitter about being fired by CBS and has never gotten over it. 

^ DING DING DING we have a winner.  And speaking of Lundquist .... I'm willing to be that his rise to the top finally occurring after the "demotion" to CFB has chapped Brent's ass a bit as well.

10 players from Minnesota have been suspended for alleged involvement in a sexual assault.

Minnesota plays Washington State in the Holiday Bowl on the 27th. 

Anyone keeping up with the Wake Forest stuff? Their radio announcer was fired for giving game plans to opponents, and yesterday Louisville's AD said that they had received game prep materials from him. It was also reported late last night that Army was potentially given Wake Forest's leaked game plans as well. So far, from a month long investigation they've uncovered those two schools being given game plans and it seems like there could be more to come:

“We have notified all the schools identified in our investigation,” Steve Shutt, a Wake Forest spokesman said. “We are committed to working with those schools and the ACC in this matter.”

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/14/wake-forest-army-leaked-game-plan-scandal

Virginia Tech's AD has come out and said they received the Wake Forest game plan before their game as well. 

Louisville's offensive coordinator, Lonnie Galloway, will be suspended for the Citrus Bowl due to receiving Wake Forest game materials from Tommy Elrod. Bobby Petrino maintains that he knew nothing about any of the coaches receiving those materials.

3 flags in the first 11 seconds of the Cure Bowl. Lol.  EDIT: and UCF's QB almost gets sacked in their end zone. Just inches away from a safety. 

EDIT AGAIN: and a blocked punt leads to the first touchdown of the game!

There's a great investigative piece up right now on Deadspin by Diana Moskovitz, about how two investigations into sexual assault allegations against Minnesota Golden Golphers players - one by the school, one by the police - reached very different conclusions. I'd recommend everyone check it out. It's some chilling stuff.

From that point on, the university report delves into far more detail than the accounts given by police. One possible reason is the university investigation said it had both her interviews with police but also an 11-page account the student wrote for them, which included “significantly more detail” about what happened. She told the university on Sept. 23 that she had given a copy of the statement to the police on Sept. 14. Police records, though, don’t indicate that they ever received the 11-page statement. According to their reports, police did an initial interview, which was recorded, on Sept. 3, and followed it with a second, which was not recorded, on Sept. 6.

As of right now, it's being recommended that 5 of the 10 suspended Minnesota players be expelled.