2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

I'm glad you aren't letting how you feel about the guy personally cloud your judgment on how well you think he can do his job then. :P

He was the one that started bringing kids in to Ole Miss. And it can't be understated how much having a players coach can positively affect a program. 

I don't think he is an Urban Meyer/Nick Saban level coach, but not many are. He'll get them playing tough Bayou football again.

What a mess we get when Ohio State doesn't even play for their conference title game but logically will get in the playoff. Assuming Clemson and Washington hold serve in their conference title games I have a very hard time seeing the Big 10 champ get into the playoff. What I wouldn't be surprised by is Ohio State sliding down to the 3 after the title game, but that's not a big deal since the games are neutral sites.

Likely we get Alabama/Washington and Clemson/Ohio State.

I'm excited to see what Orgeron does at LSU. He's one of the best recruiters in the world, players love the guy, and he's getting a shot at his dream job. He'll bring the talent in, and I suspect the coaching staff around him will be some of the best in the business. If they can all gel they'll be impossible to beat in the Bayou.

I think Herman takes Strong's players and immediately gets them into the Playoff conversation. Time will tell if he's the guy there though.

And finally, we close out this Saturday with the Brian Kelly rumor mill churning. Latest is that he's looking at leaving ND.

I think that's being overblown. A few people I know closer to the situation says it's less Kelly looking to leave, and more his agent checking out the market in case he's fired.

And speaking of Oregeron's staff at LSU, it's expected that Aranda is likely going to stay on as his D-Coordinator. Which is huuuuuuuge.

Those wins being vacated is such a black eye for him as well.

Thinking of the playoff, I went back to why it's not 8 teams. In the current environment having it being 8 would allow you to put conference champs from all power 5 conferences in, give Western Michigan a shot as the best of the non-power conferences, and then have Ohio State and Michigan in as at-large bids (or, say, Clemson if they lost to Va Tech in the conference title game).

Also, Tennessee lost to Vandy so that's about it for the Butch Jones era.