2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

On 11/26/2016 at 15:23, Meacon said:

I'm glad you aren't letting how you feel about the guy personally cloud your judgment on how well you think he can do his job then. :P

He was the one that started bringing kids in to Ole Miss. And it can't be understated how much having a players coach can positively affect a program. 

I don't think he is an Urban Meyer/Nick Saban level coach, but not many are. He'll get them playing tough Bayou football again.

Oh, I felt that way about him before he even came to Tennessee. I just didn't realize how much of a shitbag he was until he lied to recruits on the way out.

Now, he might up and surprise me. But I don't expect him to last more than 2 or 3 years at LSU before he's fired. I think he's a hell of a recruiter, but not a very good head coach.

Some people here are screaming for Butch Jones to be fired because the Vols lost to Vandy. Um....no. For one thing, the school is about to get a new AD. Wait for him to come in, then replace Jones. For another, the team's defense sucks, and its the players' fault as much as it is the coach's.

Edited by GhostMachine

Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Washington are top 4, this week. Michigan and Wisconsin on the outside. It's honestly looking like regardless of how this week plays out, the CFP will have Ohio State in it. I hope not, but it's looking that way.

I got Alabama over Florida for the SEC Championship, Oklahoma over Oklahoma State, Washington over Colorado for the PAC-12 Championship, Virginia Tech upsetting Clemson for the ACC Championship and Penn State over Wisconsin for the Big 10 Championship. Final ranking I can see would look like this.

#1 Alabama, #2 Washington, #3 Ohio State, #4 Penn State...with #5 Michigan and #6 Clemson looking on the outside. The CFP COULD see Alabama and Ohio State in the title game (god, I hope not), but this is how I honestly see it shaping up.

Saw something on Facebook (I believe it was from Saturday Down South) where Kirby Smart has apparently lost his damn mind. Because according to what I read, he thinks Tennessee should re-hire Lane Kiffin. AWWW HELL NAW!!! Its true that the Vols might have beaten Alabama under him (only reason they didn't win is because the kicker was garbage), but he's poison. Kiffin doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and he ignored traditions and more or less tried to make Tennessee into USC East. 

ESPN bit on Tom Herman's first job at TLU - featuring quotes from EWB's own HttK!

^ Darren Rovell did a piece on Coach Herman's first year as a coach with us down in D3 land at TLU.  Myself and a few other players and staff were contacted.  I personally spoke with Mr Rovell for about 45m and his mind was blown with what went on.  It was a great conversation and he was genuinely interested in the realities of the situation for both the players and the staff.  It was a fantastic time and it was nice to see him fact checking as he asked myself about instances that the other guys had spoken about.  Really awesome to have some national attention put on my old school and the program.   

I'm Lyons, for those that don't know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Saw something on Facebook (I believe it was from Saturday Down South) where Kirby Smart has apparently lost his damn mind. Because according to what I read, he thinks Tennessee should re-hire Lane Kiffin. AWWW HELL NAW!!! Its true that the Vols might have beaten Alabama under him (only reason they didn't win is because the kicker was garbage), but he's poison. Kiffin doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and he ignored traditions and more or less tried to make Tennessee into USC East. 

Kirby Smart wants Tennessee to hire Kiffin to undo all the good Butch has done. It'd be one less program for Georgia to compete against in the East.

• Like 1

Ugh. lol. At least my mountaineers won and get 10 wins this season which I am actually very happy with. Good job thus far Dana Holgersen. 

Looks like Penn State is getting destroyed. Joe Paterno looking up watching this one. 

giphy.gif