2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

Like half the top 10 lost yesterday.  That's bizarre

On 11/14/2016 at 00:25, damshow said:

Western Michigan deserves having Gameday come through town though, they've been great this year.

They barely beat Northwestern in their season opener, and other than that team and Illinois they haven't played anyone of note. Weren't they ranked #21 despite being undefeated, going into last weekend's games?

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Lost a last second field goal on the road. What would your Top-4 look like?

1. Alabama 

2. Ohio State

3. Washington - lost to ranked usc 

4. Michigan - would want to put louisville here but really cannot put them above clemson. 

Clemson lost was at home at least to an unranked opponent. that is worse than michigans lost that i can agree with

Washington lost to a ranked USC, but (here comes USC-hatred/East Coast bias) I don't really think USC is all that good. They're playing better than when they got bent over and penetrated by Alabama, but I still don't think they're anything special, despite being ranked. And they completely dominated that game. Washington didn't know whether they were playing football or dancing the cha-cha in that game. I was not that impressed with them at all. Everybody got excited with them when they beat the poo-poo out of Stanford, but we've seen that Stanford isn't the same Stanford this year. 

I can't really argue with Clemson being out of your Top-4, but I think if Clemson played Pitt nine more times, they'd win eight of them. If Washington and USC played nine more times, it'd probably end up being 50/50. 

I'd go:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Michigan

4. Clemson

5. Washington

6. Louisville

I'm not sold on Louisville at all. The analysts can beat their meats to Lamar Jackson all they want. I don't think that's a playoff team.

Perhaps Clemson does beat them 8 times out of 9, they lost the 1 time it matters and on top of that, they gave up how many pts to pitt again? was an absurd amount.

I won't even begin with the disrespect they are showing to WVU having 2-3 loss teams ranked over them. 

Got back from the Tennessee-Missouri game earlier. My lord, the Vols' run defense is even more horrible than I thought. Gave up way too much yardage, but there were a couple of bullshit calls by the refs that gave the Tigers some of those yards. Unfortunately, due to the zoom not working properly for part of the game and inconsiderate people standing up in front of us (and a mistake on my part, in one case), I didn't get a lot of good pictures. 

LSU lost to Florida, so it will be the Gators vs. Tide for the SEC Championship.  I'd love it if both teams could lose, but since not... I'll be for the Gators, but with a band taste in my mouth. (If the Gators win, the Vols can still say they're better than the champs, since they did beat Florida.)

Edited by GhostMachine