2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

Even better news is that we fired Brian Van Gorder! Fuck that guy! My 24-hour strike worked!

Really though, I can't believe LSU didn't just fire Les after last season. In hindsight, that was a really silly decision to bring him back just to can him four games into the year.

• Like 2

Especially because they're firing him after a loss that happened because a snap got off half a second too late.

LSU is going to miss their perpetual 10-win seasons with whoever comes in next and can't recruit like Les. Plenty of season ahead and plenty of Ed Orgeron wins ahead before we get there though. I heard on Gameday yesterday a suggestion (implying) whoever of Miles and Malzahn got fired after the year would be looking to David Shaw.

On 9/25/2016 at 22:24, damshow said:

Especially because they're firing him after a loss that happened because a snap got off half a second too late.

LSU is going to miss their perpetual 10-win seasons with whoever comes in next and can't recruit like Les. Plenty of season ahead and plenty of Ed Orgeron wins ahead before we get there though. I heard on Gameday yesterday a suggestion (implying) whoever of Miles and Malzahn got fired after the year would be looking to David Shaw.

You mean Ed Orgeron losses, right? He's great at recruiting, but stinks as a head coach. Ole Miss benefited greatly from his recruiting ability. He's also a damn liar, as he flat out lied to some recruits when he left Tennessee to go to USC alone with Kiffin, and told them they could come to USC if they wanted to. (Tennessee wouldn't have allowed that to happen due to school policy)

What a loaded day in college football. I usually hate days where I do nothing all day, but today i am making an exception lol. Cant wait for 3:30 to see my Mountaineers face Kansas State and at the same time watching Michigan and Wisconsin. And then tonight Louisville/Clemson? my goodness

UNC takes down FSU with a last second 54-yard field goal. The state trooper guard ran up and hugged Fedora and you could see the exact moment he realized it was inappropriate and went back to doing his job. :lol:

And Georgia just scored with 10 seconds left! What a pass by the freshman Eason!

And Tennessee scores with a Hail Mary at the end!

How can you not love college football?!?!?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meacon said:

UNC takes down FSU with a last second 54-yard field goal. The state trooper guard ran up and hugged Fedora and you could see the exact moment he realized it was inappropriate and went back to doing his job. :lol:

And Georgia just scored with 10 seconds left! What a pass by the freshman Eason!

And we get a hail mary to end it!  Great game

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

And we get a hail mary to end it!  Great game

Frankly, any long pass by Dobbs is a hail mary. 

That catch has to be the greatest I've seen in years. College OR pro.

i screamed my head off when he caught it, and I yelled "GIVE HIM SIX!" after the TD was confirmed.

*edit to add* After the way Texas A&M played against South Carolina, I'm pretty sure we're going to be 6-0 after that game. (Then get annihilated by Alabama.....)

Edited by GhostMachine