2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

A lot of Tennessee fans on Facebook are wondering if that targeting call was a setup by Appalachian State, because that AS was a damn fool for not calling for a fair catch with that many defenders close. I don't think it was a setup - but if it was, I hope it majorly backfires if they ever try it against another team - but the targeting call was bullshit. Penalty, yes, targeting, no. 

The no TD call, though, was total bullshit. 

The SEC team that should really be worried is South Carolina. They only beat Vanderbilt by 3 points.

The SEC is really top-heavy this year. In past years the West was incredibly deep with Bama making it out, this year Bama should make it out assuming they beat LSU or Ole Miss (both road games). I don't look at Ole Miss as highly as the pollsters do, I know everyone is high on Chad Kelly though. Auburn and A&M are gonna struggle and probably each finish with 6 wins and get into December bowl games, Sumlin is probably done after this year. Arkansas is slowly improving and probably upsets one of the "better" schools early in the year. Miss State is probably just sitting out of bowl eligibility at season's end.

SEC West has always been the best division to follow but this year it's a little less exciting since there's only 3 schools with a real shot, and only 2 I really think have a shot.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Meacon said:

Do you like a lot of offense or are you more of a defensive fan?

if offense is your game, maybe Florida State and Ole Miss or Georgia against UNC. 

If defense, give LSU and Wisconsin a watch. Plus LSU has perhaps the best athlete at running back, Leonard Fornette.

For real though, it's tough to go wrong with whatever game you decide to watch this weekend. 

Unless you pick Michigan/Hawaii. <_<

I hate you. 

I always tune in to the very end of ESPN College Gameday just to see the picks segment just because it's tradition for me.  I know the whole point of the "guest picker" is that they're normally fans of the hometown team are are obviously going to pick them in the final game to big cheers from the crowd.  But one of these days I'd love to see the guest pull a heel turn and pick the other team to massive boos if only to steal Lee Corso's thunder.

5 hours ago, Buschy Wonka said:

Houston throttles Oklahoma.  Mississippi State misses a 21 yard FG as time expires to lose to South Alabama.

1 hour ago, Buschy Wonka said:

Wisconsin beats LSU!

You can take it from here @damshow

21 hours ago, damshow said:

College football is great!

Of course there's a long way to go still being week 1 but dammit what a glorious start to the season... Is it too much to ask of 'Bama to lose too?