FiFa 17

METALMAN

I've noticed something strange over the weekend in that I can absolutely smash people and actually win in seasons matches in ultimate team.

Yet in FUT Draft or qualifying for the weekend league I'll batter people and do crap.

Also I think the POTM SBC will go to Hazard so I'm gonna stock up on Belgium players and Lille players  

The thing I've noticed lately is this game would be massively more rewarding without autoblock.

Defender wants to block a cross? Just run alongside the attacker.

Defender wants to block a pass? Just sprint as fast as possible towards the ball carrier.

Defender wants to block a shot? Just be anywhere near a striker.

No button press / timing needed.

I don't know why I keep playing Ultimate Team as it's destined repeatedly be getting to the final in the daily knockout and lose. 4 attempts I had tonight...same every single time. I haven't qualified for  a weekend league since the opening week 

I clearly hate myself....

Man, this dude I'm playing.

• 'Inter Yanan'
  • 5 at the back
  • Park the Bus
  • Counter attack
  • Remy upfront
  • Two black kits
  • Dab

3 shots, 2 goals.

15 shots, 0 goals.

Lose.

Welcome to my world. I don't say it to brag, but I honestly dominate 90% of the games I play, so I see this a lot. A MASSIVE percentage of shots against me go in when they're on target. I have loads of games which see me having 9 or 10 on target with a single goal, but my opponent can have 2 goals from 3 on target, and often, the 3rd shot he had on target led to one of the goals anyway where my keeper kindly parries it to the forward. Shit like this has been in the game for years and despite no official admission from EA (honestly, why would they?), the popular opinion seems to be that it keeps the gap between the good and not so good players small enough. It's like the game reads that you're dominant so will do anything in its power to fuck you. 

• Like 1

Never trust popular opinion, people are fucking stupid.

It was more a reflection that my opponent was pretty much every FUT cliche rolled into one. I've started using the 4-4-1-1 with a CF as a False 9 and I'm desperately trying to overcome my sprint button addiction and it's definitely improved my results and I generally have 55-60% possession and create chances. I still don't score anywhere near as often as I should and the formation leaves a gap inbetween the midfield and the defence so pretty much every goal I concede comes from around the D, but I've definitely seen an upswing in results.

Still can't qualify for the Weekend League for shit though.

It's just I know if I dominate a game for 80mins but don't put it to bed, the tamest of efforts from my opponent will trickle past my keeper, who'll only make an attempt to save it after it has gone past him. The slow mo replays after a goal show this happening time after time. It's infuriating.

sumsitup.png

My attempts to qualify summed up in one image. The opposition's winning goal was a guy on the wing midway inside my half with his back to goal smashing in a cross that came off De Rossi's shoulder and looped over my keeper. :/

I've started to notice that you can actually tell when you're going to lose mere seconds after kick-off. Your players just instantly go to pieces and there's almost nothing you can do to counteract it. You know you've nailed a perfect pass, but it'll go out of bounds or the player you're passing to will ignore the ball completely or it'll ricochet to the opposition or in some instances I've actually had the receiver RUN AWAY FROM THE INCOMING PASS.

There's so much bullshit to contend with online this year, but oddly not so much offline. I've been fucked more times than I can remember by players taking almost two seconds to respond to my instructions and delaying passes or shots so that they're intercepted or blocked or saved. The worst of which was an open goal tap in, I was smashing shoot like a maniac, only for my player to just stand there and wait for the keeper to recover his position and sweep up the ball.

I've taken to watching back some replays and I'm astounded by some of the mechanics of the game. I had one instance of my CBs actually pushing forward and leaving three players unmarked in the box for a cross. It's mental.