FiFa 17

METALMAN

I think it might have been my formation, I was using a 4-4-1-1 but have changed to the 4-3-3 with the CDM and using simple defensive/counter-attack tactics and have won 3-0, 3-0, 2-0 and bollocksed a 90th minute equaliser to draw 2-2 to be denied promotion where I had 23 shots to 6.

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

I think it might have been my formation, I was using a 4-4-1-1 but have changed to the 4-3-3 with the CDM and using simple defensive/counter-attack tactics and have won 3-0, 3-0, 2-0 and bollocksed a 90th minute equaliser to draw 2-2 to be denied promotion where I had 23 shots to 6.

I swapped to the same formation and reaped in the rewards. From struggling in Div 6 on seasons, I pretty much floated all the way to Division 2 undefeated. I'm stuck now though. Never been a fan of 4-3-3, but i've found it really works for me on FIFA 17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Russian MPs have asked the state communications oversight agency to take action against the FIFA 17 video game for violating the country’s law against gay propaganda.

Communist MPs sent a letter to the communications oversight and state consumer protection agencies complaining that the popular EA Sports football game, which is rated all ages, “invites users to support the English football premier league’s Rainbow Laces action, a massive campaign in support of LGBT”, Izvestia newspaper reported.

According to the 2013 law, such propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations can cause “harm to children’s health and development”, the letter said.

The UK-based LGBT rights group Stonewall began the Rainbow Laces campaign last month to combat homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in football, noting that 72% of fans had heard anti-LGBT remarks at games over the past five years. Premier League matches and social media platforms have featured materials from the campaign.

EA Sports also backed the campaign by allowing FIFA 17 players to obtain free rainbow-coloured uniforms for their virtual footballers in the game’s ultimate team mode. This action expired on 28 November.

Nonetheless, parliamentarians suggested FIFA 17 could be banned in Russia. United Russia MP Irina Rodnina, a former figure skater who won three Olympic gold medals for the Soviet Union, told Izvestia that the authorities needed to “verify the possibility of distributing this game on the territory of the Russian Federation”.

“Every state has its internal laws and order; they need to be obeyed,” she said.

Communist MP Valery Rashkin told Izvestia that, following the investigation, the authorities should order the game’s developer, EA Canada, to “introduce changes to the programming code or the age classification of this information product, and if it refuses, adopt corresponding restrictive measures”.

In October, the communications oversight agency blacklisted the website of Deti 404, a group that posts messages of support by and for LGBT teenagers. Communist MPs introduced legislation in 2015 to fine or jail anyone who comes out or speaks of their homosexuality in public.

Finally qualified for the weekend league! Will probably forget I've qualified and not play any games now :lol:

Won the final in such weird fashion too. Both of his kits were white, and I've got a black and a white option, so picked the black one. Game glitched me into the white kit, I scored from kick off after a flurry of quick passes since I can just about make out my front three, and I just hear him shout "THIS IS BULLSHIT I CAN'T TELL WHO'S WHO!" over the microphone before he rage quits, so I got the win since I was leading :lol:

I played ultimate team for the first time in ages. Had some coins so got a premium pack and got Vidal :D

Sold him for 165k which has helped sort out my La Liga team and Bundesliga team. Played two games for the weekend league qualifier and won them both 2-1... dominated both games but 

I've changed my camera as well which seems to help. I'm playing on co-op camera with it zoomed out as far as it can and as high up as it can. 

I'VE FINALLY QUALIFIED FOR THE WEEKEND LEAGUE!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Last time I qualified was the opening weekend so it's been a while...