FiFa 17

METALMAN

Some of them do look pointless. I don't mind the ones which have cash rewards or result in getting a player you'll actually use, but putting together a full squad of gold players, that I could discard and get 300 coins each for, in return for a loan card or two "rare" 76 rated French players is silly.

"Improved shooting responsiveness" - my arse.

Had a couple of UT games last night, badly needed a goal, ball drops no more than two yards out to Schweini, no keeper in sight. I hit circle. Surely he'll just poke it in? I've asked the game to take a quick shot. There's an easy goal for the taking. But nooooope, he decides to try to control the ball instead, a defender gets back and it's cleared. Stuff like that is infuriating. He's a professional for fuck sake. Even an amateur could have scored that. Stick a right bollock on it, anything. It didn't need to be brought down when the goal is gaping. Shambles.

Plus, I think the input delay is far too long in general anyway. When I hit pass or shoot, I want my player to pass or shoot if the ball is directly in front of him, not chill for a couple of seconds and then try to get the pass/shot off.

• Like 1

I can't see any particular changes in gameplay, dribbling and shielding is still way too overpowered to the point where I no longer defend with defenders, I just track back with a midfielder, jockeying them till an AI controlled defender comes in and wins the ball.

On the brightside, I was able to finish the No GK SBC after buying just a single 350 coin player and got Lacazette in the reward pack, so it's not all bad.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

On the brightside, I was able to finish the No GK SBC after buying just a single 350 coin player and got Lacazette in the reward pack, so it's not all bad.

After spending nothing for it, I got Falcao :( Least I got Herrmann for my Bundesliga team. 

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

"Improved shooting responsiveness" - my arse.

Had a couple of UT games last night, badly needed a goal, ball drops no more than two yards out to Schweini, no keeper in sight. I hit circle. Surely he'll just poke it in? I've asked the game to take a quick shot. There's an easy goal for the taking. But nooooope, he decides to try to control the ball instead, a defender gets back and it's cleared. Stuff like that is infuriating. He's a professional for fuck sake. Even an amateur could have scored that. Stick a right bollock on it, anything. It didn't need to be brought down when the goal is gaping. Shambles.

Plus, I think the input delay is far too long in general anyway. When I hit pass or shoot, I want my player to pass or shoot if the ball is directly in front of him, not chill for a couple of seconds and then try to get the pass/shot off.

I'm glad it's not just me, the amount of times I get frustrated about first time passes and shots not happening, as well as the amount of times my players chest the ball down instead of heading it, is becoming far too frequent.

@Dan, what camera do you use? I'm trying to play more on co-op cam as I can see more of the pitch, but I can't get a decent angle where I can judge the trajectory of crosses properly.

It's more judging defensive crosses and offensive rebounds/saves, I often can't tell if the ball is on the floor or twenty foot in the air.

Just had possibly the most frustrating game I've ever played, qualification tournament semi-final, up against a team full of bronze players with a CAM and a RB as centrebacks, they have a CB sent off midway through the first half, I keep paitent since I have the team skill and player advantage. They park the bus. Hit the woodwork with a long shot. Have a goalbound header cleared off the line from a corner. Clean through, chipped the keeper from outside the box, hits the crossbar. Hit the post in injury time. Extra time, they bring on Van Basten and Crespo. 97th minute, their first shot on goal, Crespo rifles in a 30 yarder. I tell myself to stop playing through balls, immediately cut through their defence with short passing and equalise. Second half of ET, second shot on goal, Van Basten smashes in from the corner of the penalty area. I go all out attack, get countered by fresh legends, 1-3, sweat a tap in from Howedes for 2-3 and then they counter again with another long shot for 2-4.

Absolute bollocks, dominated the entire match, they had four shots and they all went in.

Tell me about it, to be fair, I did win the previous round on penalties after a 2-2 draw where I had about three shots all game.

It's just bullshit though. We had a game the other night where we battered our opponent for 85mins. Chance after chance was either saved or missed by inches. It took one shot up the other end on 86mins to go straight under our keepers dive to win the match. When people complain, people get all defensive and are all "that's football", but it doesn't happen as frequently as it does in FIFA. And frankly, FIFA is barely football anyway. It's definitely not an accurate representation of the game. The way the fast players fly past opponents with ease time after time is nothing like the real thing. 

It's probably confirmation bias to be honest, people have this groupthink about FIFA and 'scripting' and 'momentum' and all that bullshit, but then they only remember the games like we've just described because we remember negative episodes far more than positive ones psychologically speaking, so all those games where you win comfortably by two or three goals are forgotten or amalgamate as one because there was nothing memorable about them. To use a real life current example, ask a pool of Liverpool fans how many shots they had against Burnley or Man Utd and they'll probably be able to tell since they were 'robbed' in those games they deserved to win, now ask them how many shots they had against Leicester or Arsenal, they wouldn't have clue because those are games they won.

For an in-game example, upon reflection, after that opponent had a CB sent off, which they never replaced, I was playing with a 4-3-3(2), so even with a man sent off, his three defenders were matched man for man with my three attackers. Since they weren't posing any attacking threat and had a massive gap in their back line, I should have changed to something like a 4-1-2-1-2 or similar with two strikers, then I would have always had a man unmarked when I was attacking and probably would have won by two or three goals comfortably.

As for the game itself, it can't be an accurate representation of the game. There has to be stuff in it that doesn't represent the real thing, otherwise 95% of games would end 0-0 since in real football, that's what would happen if you played six minute halves.

• Like 3

Lost 2-1 in extra time on Ultimate Team.

He had 5 shots 5 on target the whole match
I had 20 shots, 15 on target.

Fucking load of shite this game. 

• Like 2