FiFa 17

METALMAN

The Journey is horribly unrealistic. I'm a young, pacey, English attacker who just scored a tap-in in a preseason friendly and I'm not worth £40m transfer value yet.

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The Journey is horribly unrealistic. I'm a young, pacey, English attacker who just scored a tap-in in a preseason friendly and I'm not worth £40m transfer value yet.

I legit haven't played it since

Spoiler

Middlesbrough signed Harry Kane to replace the injured Negredo

Just a little bit too much suspended disbelief for my liking.

• Like 1

I actually think if they removed the specific "young English man who doesn't get on with his dad and falls out with his best mate" storyline and just kept the after match interviews, chatting with teammates stuff and impress the boss stuff, it'd make be a pro mode a million times more fun. It's a good idea, if they can make it more accessible.

On the other hand, 'cunt dad who blows his top because his special little snowflake only beat six players in one dribble' is an amazingly accurate representation of youth football.

• Like 6

La Liga is pretty great. I've got 4 starting XI's to use across single and multiplayer, the more premium squad of 22 for multi having just two players under 80 rated, and I've spent pretty much fuck all on them. The most expensive guy was Nasri and he was only 1000 coins. I can probably upgrade slightly and get Gameiro up front and even he will only cost about 1500 and he's 83 rated.

• Like 1

I appreciate the effort they've gone to for player-specific commentary, but the lack of taking context into account is a bit off.

For example, I just scored a goal with Dele Alli where he missed from five yards out by hitting it straight at the keeper, went for the rebound, fell over, and in the process bundled the ball into the goal. The commentary?

"Dele Alli scores here, and as with everything he does there's an element of grace about it."

No, there wasn't.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Executive Kaney said:

I actually think if they removed the specific "young English man who doesn't get on with his dad and falls out with his best mate" storyline and just kept the after match interviews, chatting with teammates stuff and impress the boss stuff, it'd make be a pro mode a million times more fun. It's a good idea, if they can make it more accessible.

Basically NBA 2K's career mode. Which would be amazing in a football setting.  

• Like 1

I laughed hard at that, don't care how childish that makes me. The celebration makes it.

This game seems pretty realistic, I'm having a lot of joy up front now I've got used to the shielding mechanic. I'm capable of beating Aston Villa 3-0 then going out and losing 1-0 at Accrington to their only shot on target, because my low-rated goalie just stood still and let it go in at his near post. Very realistic.

• Like 1

They do seem to be very frequent in FUT.

I just got to the final of the Weekend League qualification tournament and ended up facing a BPL 3-4-3 sweat squad, Martial and Sterling on the left, Mane and Deulufeo on the right because two pacey wingers isn't enough for some people and then I got a man sent off trying to clear a corner. Lost 7-2 :(

To be honest, it was more me going all out attack in an attempt to get back into the game leaving me open to the counter. It's not as massive an advantage as previous versions but it still helps with breakaways.

EA need to make Legendary Harder, or maybe a new difficulty. I'm 3rd after 11 games with Sunderland having turned off first window Transfers, I've lost one game and that was home to Arsenal 1-0 and was unlucky not to pull one back. I mean, I don't want it to be that realistic that I barely string any points together until March but yeah...

On 2 October 2016 at 19:21, Nerf said:

Pretty much what Gazz said. I was fucking horrible at FIFA 16, and traded it in because I hated it so much. This game suits my play style much better, and I'm having no problems scoring at least 2 goals per game on legendary most of the time. Just stick at it.

Not entirely sure how that's relevant to me calling the game not fun, but whatevs.

Echoing Stevie's point, I can't see for shit what's going on on the far side of the pitch, and zooming doesn't seem to do anything. 

Shiny new engine and presentation doesn't make for a great game it seems. Shame.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Not entirely sure how that's relevant to me calling the game not fun, but whatevs.

Echoing Stevie's point, I can't see for shit what's going on on the far side of the pitch, and zooming doesn't seem to do anything. 

Shiny new engine and presentation doesn't make for a great game it seems. Shame.

You said it's not fun because you're not scoring many goals and winning every game 1-0. That was my problem with last year's game, but I can score for fun on this one, even on Legendary. Like I said earlier, I lost 3-1 to Hull at one point and soon after beat West Brom 6-1. There's a lot more variety and goals are much easier to come by. If you're struggling to score, it's not the game mechanics or the game not being fun, it's you not being used to the game yet.

I would recommend starting each match on 'Ultra Attacking.' You get more bodies and options joining the attack, but your midfield can be vulnerable at times. It makes for more open games, and will likely solve your problem of dull 1-0 games by cancelling out the constant midfield battle.