FiFa 17

METALMAN

"FIFA 17 IS NOW AVAILABLE TO USE" :w00t:

Shame I have to go to bed in 1/2 an hour. And then to work tomorrow.

I've spent my time using EAFC to grab all of the loan players and FUT transfer benefits, and have won my first FUT game 3-1 thanks to a Jermaine Defoe hat-trick.

I played a few games of clubs and played a season against my mate.

Had the one game of ultimate team against someone and made them quit at 3-0 after 30 minutes. I got the deluxe edition and in my pack for this week I got Pique which has helped fund more pack purchases in which I got Musa who I sold for 5k and Feghouli who I sold for 3k. 

It absolutely cannot be overstated how much better than last year this is. First two games in my career vs. Arsenal and Burnley finished 2-0 and 3-0 respectively. That just wouldn't have happened in FIFA 16, where I'd have been lucky to scrape them both 1-0 or drudge out a 0-0 draw.

• Like 1

Yeah it seems more realistic in a simulation way, although I've only played a few games. Just played one with Bolton against Southend to see how the lesser teams fare and I had to come from 2-0 down, but won in injury time. Their goals were pretty good too so not just the usual clunky, bone-headed AI.

My only big gripe in the first few matches has been passes going to random, wrong destinations but that's part and parcel of Fifa I suppose.

• Like 1

Tweaked the Rovers squad's player stats a bit (some up, some down) then jumped into a career mode. I don't like being forced to do a continental tournament or have no friendlies when I'm a League 2 team, that's just dumb. Either way, my group games ended 0-0, 1-0 and 0-1 so I scraped through, then got beat 3-0 by Karlsruher despite having more than double the amount of shots. Need to work out how to bloody finish!

I've found the game maddeningly inconsistent. The gameplay feels far too fast in the build up, but then when I get the ball in the box, my attackers are ponderously slow. Defenders constantly somehow catch up to make the last ditch tackle, or my striker gets the ball tangled up in his feet. On the chance they get a shot off, it's usually saved because the finishing seems to be wank if it's not outside the box. 

And let's not even get started on the penalties...