FiFa 17

METALMAN

I think I'm better at 17 than I was at 16. Passes seem more fluid, less mistakes and more are connecting. Shooting as well seems more responsive because I'm scoring a lot more. Still need to work on defending but I'm picking it up.

So many 1-0's. 

Also the new penalty taking system is fucking ridiculous. Hard enough to do it in the training mode where you have the indicator. Without it? Either my penalties are going down the middle or twatting the corner flag. 

Overall, massively prefer FIFA 16. Just doesn't seem fun to play. 

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

I'm winning games 1-0, it just isn't fun. 

Pretty much what Gazz said. I was fucking horrible at FIFA 16, and traded it in because I hated it so much. This game suits my play style much better, and I'm having no problems scoring at least 2 goals per game on legendary most of the time. Just stick at it.

One thing I would suggest is using sheilding (left trigger on Xbox) pretty much all the time, the amount of goals I'm scoring by playing a pass into my striker with his back to goal, holding off the defender and either turning him or laying off a pass to an oncoming midfielder on the edge of the box is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Got to the final of the FUT Draft and got smashed, however in my two premium gold players packs I got Ozil who I sold for 90k.

This has helped fund many packs and completing the hybrid nations SBC's. So far I have only got a Prem team but have plenty of players for other squads. This is the team I have which hasn't cost much at all due to getting them in packs or spending little on them. 

Screenshot_20161003-154351.png

Have to agree on penalties, I feel they've changed them for the sake of it because they were fine before. The new set piece mechanics are good but penalties are just ridiculous. How do you even hit a low, hard penalty?

Otherwise the gameplay is pretty great I'm finding.

9 hours ago, Gazz said:

One thing I would suggest is using sheilding (left trigger on Xbox) pretty much all the time, the amount of goals I'm scoring by playing a pass into my striker with his back to goal, holding off the defender and either turning him or laying off a pass to an oncoming midfielder on the edge of the box is ridiculous.

IIcmDQe.gif

Like so.

Let's talk camera angles. I've always just used the default settings, but FIFA 17 default camera is just way too zoned out. I've been tinkering back and forth with zooming and using FIFA 16 default, but I just cannot find the right angle that has reasonable give or take to different stadium types. Quite a lot of reviews online suggest tele broadcast, but that just looks so new to me and I'm just not getting the FIFA feels with it. 

What are you all using?

3 hours ago, Stevie B said:

Let's talk camera angles. I've always just used the default settings, but FIFA 17 default camera is just way too zoned out. I've been tinkering back and forth with zooming and using FIFA 16 default, but I just cannot find the right angle that has reasonable give or take to different stadium types. Quite a lot of reviews online suggest tele broadcast, but that just looks so new to me and I'm just not getting the FIFA feels with it. 

What are you all using?

I'm using broadcast for the sake of realism. It does take some getting used to, but honestly, once you get the hang of it it's great for spotting runs and stuff.