FiFa 17

METALMAN

Screenshot-Original.pngScreenshot-Original(1).png

On 02/10/2016 at 18:06, Gazz said:

You just suck

Totally gone off the boil, cannot finish for shit all of a sudden. I'm needing 4 or more clear cut chances to score once. Also, division 8 of the FUT single player seasons is playing four star teams on world class? What the fuck is divison 1 going to be?

I feel like I struggle 

On 07/10/2016 at 20:34, Gazz said:

Screenshot-Original.pngScreenshot-Original(1).png

Totally gone off the boil, cannot finish for shit all of a sudden. I'm needing 4 or more clear cut chances to score once. 

This is basically my life. Their goalkeeper will save everything and I'll have so many clear cut chances yet they'll get one and score. 

The amount of times I went to pens yesterday and then lost was so fucking annoying. 

Are injuries still arm/shoulder most of the time? I always had to move the injury slider down quite a bit for that reason. It seemed every time a player would challenge for the ball in the air, he'd come down on his arm or shoulder and get injured. Crunch into the back of someone's legs though and they're fine.

10 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Are injuries still arm/shoulder most of the time? I always had to move the injury slider down quite a bit for that reason. It seemed every time a player would challenge for the ball in the air, he'd come down on his arm or shoulder and get injured. Crunch into the back of someone's legs though and they're fine.

JS31855624.jpg

• Like 3

After failing to qualify for the weekend league last week I just qualified for this weekend at this first attempt.

My games:

1st round: 3-0

2nd round: 1-1 (4-3pens)

Semi-final: 2-1AET

Final: 3-2AET

I went 2-1 down in extra time in the final but somehow overcame a parked bus to win 3-2. That was some of the most intense gaming I've had in years.

Not had anything wild really. I had one game I got stomped pretty bad but I've played about 100 games. Usually 1-0, 2-1 or 3-1.

The prizes for the weekend league look great but I'm not sure how many of the 40 games I'll be able to play.

I need to play my game and not keep getting sucked into sweaty, end to end counter attacking pace abuse fests.

Mainly because I'm fucking shit at them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

What's it like this year in terms of scorelines in online games? Obviously it'll be high scoring if it's ridiculously unmatched but do you still get the sense of a game being high scoring because FIFA has decided it's going to be high scoring, if that makes sense?

I grinded out plenty of low scoring games on the way to winning EWB tournament! :P

Really not enjoying online this year. This year's fifa really is the most sweatiest and frustrating. 

The amount of times I have shots that are in or around the box that get saved yet when they have one or two chances it's a guaranteed goal. It feels like I need about 9 shots for one to even look like going in. 

The amount of times I'm waiting for a striker to run in the box yet they don't is annoying

The amount of times it seems my wingers will get beaten for pace YET their wingers are able to blitz past me. 

It's frustrating being better on the stats and in the game play yet the amount of times I don't win is really making me hate the game. It feels like my players can't keep hold of the ball either compared to the other team when it feels like I'm chasing shadows. 

I can take losing but this is taking the piss. 

22 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Really not enjoying online this year. This year's fifa really is the most sweatiest and frustrating. 

The amount of times I have shots that are in or around the box that get saved yet when they have one or two chances it's a guaranteed goal. It feels like I need about 9 shots for one to even look like going in. 

The amount of times I'm waiting for a striker to run in the box yet they don't is annoying

The amount of times it seems my wingers will get beaten for pace YET their wingers are able to blitz past me. 

It's frustrating being better on the stats and in the game play yet the amount of times I don't win is really making me hate the game. It feels like my players can't keep hold of the ball either compared to the other team when it feels like I'm chasing shadows. 

I can take losing but this is taking the piss. 

Online is horrible this year, but offline is the best since FIFA 14, and actually playable for once. It's a trade I'm willing to make.

Only thing I'm finding particularly frustrating is that when you set someone to Target Man, to take advantage of strength / hold up play, they don't seem to (or don't seem to for me) make runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. Like, that's the main job of a Target Man surely :shifty:

Very much on the fence about the game after picking it up this morning. Pace has become too important again and it's frustrating. So much focus is always put on the attacking side of the game whilst defending is made impossible at times.

Already been encountering various little glitches in game like not being able to change a fk taker, all players just stopping as if the ball has gone out but it's still in play. Silly things that spoil the experience. 

Another stupid thing - offside calls are made waaaay too late this year on occasion. I played a pass to a winger who was a few yards inside the opposing half, he darted forward towards the box, then as he passed it to the striker on the edge of the box, the whistle blew and the winger was given offside, a full 40 yards back. Figured it was an odd thing the first time it happened but they've been that late, albeit not as extreme in terms of the change of position on the pitch, at other times as well.

Crossing is too weak and takes far too long. The animation seems to take an age before the player will attempt a cross. Some long shots are also tame as fuck and laughably slow despite holding shoot down long enough to get power behind them.

This isn't even a "boo hoo I'm fucking shit" post, either. I've just walked the first two divisions (10 and 9) on UT with my nephew. I'm just not having fun with it like I thought I would, or like I had after 16 was released, in fact. 

• Like 1