FiFa 17

METALMAN

In the continuing theme of ridiculous teams at low levels, I got promoted into divison 5, this was the first team I played..

legends.pnglegends1.png

Fuck you and your credit card.

• Like 4

I tend to find myself feeling more confident against players who have stupidly good teams as it's normally a case of the person is shite at the game but they've spent most of their / parents money on FIFA points.  

It's the people with normal teams that tend to be the better players. 

Oh definitely, it wasn't even that hard of a game to win and I would have won more comfortably if I could ever seem to work out how to finish better. I've just played a game where I had 25 shots but only 9 on target and scored twice. Basically, nearly every shot I take misses by a yard outside the post, regardless of shot type or position.

Ugh, weekend league is such a slog. Gameplay feels sluggish and terrible.

Just played a guy who was using a Bundesliga team that consisted of SBC Douglas Costa, TOTGS Lewandowski, IF Reus, Neuer etc etc. Literally the best 11 Bundesliga players you could find.

He had 3 shots to my 14 and I hit the post 3 times, so naturally he beat me 2-0. Just for good measure, he also brought on Ronaldo and Bale at Half Time. Dude must have spent a fortune on the game, only to be playing in my very average ELO :unsure:

Gonna sell my whole squad after this Weekend League I think. Getting pretty bored of playing with Prem players, especially as 8/10 games are also against Prem teams.

Just played a guy in division 5. He stopped playing when it was 3-0 to me after 57 minutes.

Couldn't score the rest of the game. AI just swamped me.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how AI assisted the defending is.

Sold my entire Premier League squad for about 300k. Did the Parolo SBC and spent all my remaining coins on the 50k packs for a laugh. Got precisely no one I wanted to use :( .

I did, however, get an IF Falcao from a gold upgrade SBC and have put togethed a nice little Serie A/Bundesliga hybrid, spearheaded by Falcao. Way more fun than playing with the usual BPL team. Insigne/Falcao/Cuadrado make for an awesome front 3, and SBC Parolo is a beast.

I did the Ruffier SBC because I'v been tempted by a Ligue 1 team and all the goalkeepers are awful, so it seemed convenient.

The need for In-Form trade ins is annoying though considering a lot of the players aren't worth it. The Benteke one is the same as his first inform so he already has a better card (who's probably cheaper than buying the players for the squad builder) and the Defoe one that's just come out is the same as his In Form too, which I traded for the Ruffier one :P

The Aubameyang one was ridiculous. If anyone has actually done it they'll have wasted so many coins.

Also, side note, I am getting royally shafted in the weekend league and I'm gonna be lucky to even make Silver 3 the way I'm playing :shifty: If I see Marcus Rashford ever again I may dropkick a small child.

9 hours ago, Jericode said:

Also, side note, I am getting royally shafted in the weekend league and I'm gonna be lucky to even make Silver 3 the way I'm playing :shifty: If I see Marcus Rashford ever again I may dropkick a small child.

I'm doing okay after playing it Friday and Saturday afternoon. I've won 13 out of 21. 

I got sick of playing teams of Martial, Bailly, Smalling, Walker, Kante and Sterling though. It was getting beyond annoying. 

Won't touch the game yet today as I'm still hungover....It just has bad news written all over it.  

I've given in with 14 wins out of 27 games. I really cba playing another 13 games plus I've been shite today. 1 win 6 losses urgh.

40 games is a stupid amount to do. It turns into such a chore. 

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

I did the Ruffier SBC because I'v been tempted by a Ligue 1 team and all the goalkeepers are awful, so it seemed convenient.

The need for In-Form trade ins is annoying though considering a lot of the players aren't worth it. The Benteke one is the same as his first inform so he already has a better card (who's probably cheaper than buying the players for the squad builder) and the Defoe one that's just come out is the same as his In Form too, which I traded for the Ruffier one :P

The Aubameyang one was ridiculous. If anyone has actually done it they'll have wasted so many coins.

@Jericode FYI, Rashford is getting a SBC on the 19th. :(Y):

The card pictures already leaked, tomorrow it's Rashford, Modric and Mousa Dembele.

This game is truly terrible, is the opinion I've gathered after 3 months of playing it. The passing is just awful. Through balls can never split a defense, aired through balls always just sit up in the air, crossing is terrible, players can not seem to do anything in the attacking third, and the shooting is just laughable. I say this, but not just for me, the CPU even I play in Career Mode is terrible too. This is the worst FIFA I've bought in well over 10 years. It's saddening

I know obviously as you progress to the latter stages of the tournament, you're going to face a better quality of opponent but fucking hell, everytime I get to the WL qualification final, I appear to play against a fucking pro. The first time I ever got to one, I got hammered 7-2 and I've just got to another and found myself 4-1 down after 32 minutes.

First was a Martial curler from the side edge of penalty area into the far corner. Second was an unlucky break off a tackle that split my defence. Third was a William 25 yarder. Fourth goal. Martial runs from inside his own half and belts a 35/40 yarder into the top corner.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GazzPriest/video/24833830

I don't think it's me succumbing to the pressure because honestly, I'm not that arsed about qualifying because 40 games in a weekend sounds awful, I'd just like to qualify so I can say that I have. I just seem to always play someone who has mastered face up dribbling and smashing in long shots. Seriously frustrating.