FiFa 17

METALMAN

The problem with the qualification is that you can enter it even if you've already qualified. Meaning you still have a reasonable chance to meet the no lifers even though they're already through.

Qualifying through Division 1 was way less stressful (though I'm back stuck in D2 now). Once you're in, it's fairly easy to make Gold 3 (if you have time to play the games), which auto qualifies you for the next week.

10 hours ago, Szumi Claus said:

This game is truly terrible, is the opinion I've gathered after 3 months of playing it. The passing is just awful. Through balls can never split a defense, aired through balls always just sit up in the air, crossing is terrible, players can not seem to do anything in the attacking third, and the shooting is just laughable. I say this, but not just for me, the CPU even I play in Career Mode is terrible too. This is the worst FIFA I've bought in well over 10 years. It's saddening

Have you tried changing the sliders for your tactics? Because I realised that in 16 when I set it to counter it also set it to play offside trap, so I used a custom setting.

8 hours ago, MDK said:

Have you tried changing the sliders for your tactics? Because I realised that in 16 when I set it to counter it also set it to play offside trap, so I used a custom setting.

The only sliders I've tweaked are things like the pass/shoot error and goalie ability. First time I've had to tweak them in years because of how poor the quality of play is. That hasn't really helped though 

Just now, Szumi Claus said:

The only sliders I've tweaked are things like the pass/shoot error and goalie ability. First time I've had to tweak them in years because of how poor the quality of play is. That hasn't really helped though 

I mean the sliders you get when you are in your tactics screen before a match. Not the game sliders for the AI.

Packed De Bruyne! :D

Easily my best pull of the year so really happy with it. Makes a nice upgrade for my Prem team, even though Eriksen has been my best player by far recently so he'll be sorely missed.

Can never settle on my second team, but I've had a punt at a Ligue 1 side. Needs Thiago Silva to finish the defence off, but I'm pretty happy with it.

On 12/21/2016 at 12:46, MDK said:

I mean the sliders you get when you are in your tactics screen before a match. Not the game sliders for the AI.

I haven't had to make any changes there, no. Team tactics I don't think are an issue; it's been shitty AI. My issue has been with that. An inability for the through ball to work, for shooting to be effective, things like that.

I'm 13 games into a season with Ajax. 25 goals scored, 3 conceded. It's not fun when so many goals I've scored are late minute goals when the CPU has gone ultra offense/all out attack. I should've had many more goals scored on me, but the shooting AI is shit for the CPU too.

I've absolutely gone. 0-2-8 since that final. Just completely lost my ability to defend.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GazzPriest/screenshot/5410611 about sums it up. Dude had SBC Defoe, any shot from any angle went in.

Went back to the 4-4-1-1 and picked up SBC Thomas Muller for the CF role. He's an absolute weapon, 10 goals and an assist in 5 games. Always in the right place, always making well timed runs in behind and a lethal finisher.

Wish I'd grabbed SBC Muller, can't remember which requirement I didn't have.

The three SBCs I'd done over the Christmas period were Ruffier, Kurzawa and Perrin, which have given me great improvements to the Ligue 1 team I'd started. Thiago Silva set me back 60k but I'm pretty content with the squad overall now.

Ligue 1:

Ligue%201_zpsunneia4s.png

Premier League:

Prem_zpsszb7cv6v.png

There was a Bundesliga team as well but it was largely made of Movember cards, so they've long been purged for the above SBCs :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One thing I've realised about this FIFA: I'm not actually playing that many games. I'm enjoying building teams both on and offline but in career mode I probably sim like 75% of games and online I've only played like 50 games - and most of those just against friends.

Between the SBCs and spending far too much real money on packs, I'm more than occupied.

I can't speak for Online but in Career Mode, there's more to do off the pitch than ever before and I quite enjoy it. I can go on the game for 2/3 hours, play three matches and spend most of the time scouting, doing tactics and analysing the game world. It's great, actually and has kept me interested much longer than Fifa usually does.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

One thing I've realised about this FIFA: I'm not actually playing that many games. I'm enjoying building teams both on and offline but in career mode I probably sim like 75% of games and online I've only played like 50 games - and most of those just against friends.

Between the SBCs and spending far too much real money on packs, I'm more than occupied.

I honestly haven't played since November, which I'm pretty sure is the quickest I've ever burned out on a FIFA game. I think now either the break will do me good and I'll be refreshed for FIFA 18, or it could swing the other way and I decide to skip it altogether for the first time since like 07. Or maybe I'm just outgrowing the series. 16 was the first time I've traded the game in before the new one was released.

• 1 month later...

In FUT you have loads of different squads and you can rename them, right? So I thought, for a laugh, I would call my Seria A side "Wops" and that is okay. "Frogs" is fine for Ligue 1 and "Rosbifs" is fine for the EPL. But "Spics" and "Dago" you cant use for the Spanish.