Have you met any of your favourite TV/film actors?

I was at a Sci-Fi convention today in Herne Bay. It was surprisingly big. They had 9 or 10 "stars" there doing their meet n greet/autograph/photo thing. These includes the bloke who played Greedo, a couple of Torchwood folk, some Dr Who folk, an ewok etc etc.

They also had Virginia Hey (Zhaan) from my fave sci-fi Farscape. She was lovely. Spoke to my wife and I for ages about kids (we had our girls with us), gave my eldest a biscuit, chatted more, asked and showed interest in us and was utterly charming and lovely. We got a signed glossy and photos. When I found out that my wife hadn't worked my phone properly and not taken my photo right I went back and she was really gracious to have more photos, joking with Anna about hugging me and about how she'd really snuggled in.

Basically if I ever ended up in her position she's exactly how I'd want to be with people.

Anyone have any good or not so good experiences with meeting faves?

hey1.jpghey2.jpg

I went to a lot of Doctor Who conventions ages ago, the big names I met were

- Jon Pertwee
- Tom Baker
- Colin Baker
- Sylvester McCoy
- Anneke Wills (Polly)
- Michael Craze (Ben)
- Deborah Watling (Victoria)
- Wendy Padbury (Zoe)
- Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier)
- Katy Manning (Jo)
- Louise Jameson (Leela)
- Sarah Sutton (Nyssa)
- Nicola Bryant (Peri)
- Sophie Aldred (Ace)

There was one convention I attended on my birthday and got all the guests to sign a birthday card along as well as getting other stuff signed.

I've been put off by conventions in recent years due to the massive price spike for autographs, when I use to go you only really paid if the event wasnt ticketed, if it was a ticketed event you would only have to pay if you wanted a lot of stuff signed. Not a fan of the MCM London show, last time I went they had the Dudleys there and it was £15 each for and autograph which was enforced by the event.

Chuck Norris, well before he was the breakout star he is now :shifty:, as in the early 90's while in the Houston airport.

Lou Diamond Phillips several times as he's a native of Flour Bluff TX, which is essentially Corpus Christi (the area I grew up).

Jennifer Lopez during her time filming Selena and well before she was J-Lo

Justin Timberlake when he was filming his baseball move in Corpus

Farrah Fawcett as a kid and then again in HS (she's also from Corpus)

Eva Longoria a few times here in San Antonio (ALSO a from Corpus)

Marc Singer

I live in LA so I run into celebrities reasonably often. Usually its people I don't care about so its nbd. Bob Odenkirk was definitely the one I liked the most, but I didn't talk to him cuz he looked like hell and we were in public. I'm sure it was him, tho. We were right under a giant Better Call Saul billboard where he was all airbrushed and stuff and the contrast was very funny.

I also was on the crew for a documentary starring Larry King, so I hung out with him and took pictures. He's not exactly a favorite or anything, but he's obvi a huge star and it was cool working with him.

My favorite interaction is coming this Friday, when I will be interviewing Tommy Wiseau. I won't meet him in person but I'm stoked he's even going to be calling me and we'll be talking for a little while.

Edited by lws

8 hours ago, Benji said:

I once served someone who was eliminated in week one of one of the Big Brothers and who I thought was a massive horrid chav and turned out to actually be a massive horrid chav. Does that count?

On the subject of meeting reality TV contestants.

Remember Shipwrecked? Remember Chris Baddoo? He served me a burger at a night club BBQ in Newcastle.

Stan Lee, it was at a London Film & Comicon, I always wanted his signature so got a Spider-Man Comic Signed. I paid a lot of money to get there and get the comic signed and then graded, don't regret it one bit as it's something I always wanted to do an it was the last time he was doing a UK Appearance so had to go. Wouldn't really class it as meeting him though, couldn't talk to him due to demand.  Same Convention I also Saw Bulk and Skull from Power Rangers, Jay Mewes and Al Snow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...