Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I love how if you get the legendary bear pelt as a headpiece, every NPC gives you shit.

So I think I got passed most of the beginning stuff. It’s quite cool so far, but I feel a bit overwhelmed with like having summer and winter clothes, donating money to the camp, and all this. I think I’m still trying to get the hang of managing how much and how often I should  do things with that. 

Should I donate a lot of money? How do I store clothes on my horse?

Ok I figured that stuff out sorta. 

I got into a bar fight and then attempted to walk back to camp in mud. Ran into two O’Driscolls who talked shit. I tried to defuse the situation, then I just shot them. I wanted to steal a horse but the horses took off. 

Then a guy came riding on a horse that said he was a bad guy. I shot him just in case. Then I guess that attracted attention to my camp? 

I don’t know but I am going to have a lot of fun fucking with people. 

• Like 4

The money to the camp thing doesn't matter all that much. Or at least it didn't seem to for me. I just donated a bit every time I was at the camp....brought some food home once in awhile. 

There are also trophy's to get depending on what type of personality you have. If you get him to positive rep there is a trophy for that, but there's also one for being a complete scumbag so you choose. I'm told that also has a bearing on how the game ends as well but I've never checked this out for myself.

1 hour ago, The Fork Fork said:

I'm told that also has a bearing on how the game ends as well but I've never checked this out for myself. 

It does. Luckily I was very honourable so I got the nice ending.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MDK said:

Yeah me too. That's why I'm intrigued by the other ending. I'm going to be an utter scumbag if I play through again.

5 minutes ago, The Fork Fork said:

Yeah me too. That's why I'm intrigued by the other ending. I'm going to be an utter scumbag if I play through again.

I read up on the other ending out of curiosity.

Spoiler

Micah stabs you to death so I'm glad that fucker didn't get to finish me.

VP, don't click that spoiler.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Same. It was very satisfying.

And I say donate money and food to the camp every once in a while. Especially money, as those camp funds can be used to get some extremely useful upgrades.

2 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

Same. It was very satisfying.

And I say donate money and food to the camp every once in a while. Especially money, as those camp funds can be used to get some extremely useful upgrades.

And it gives you a sense of well being.

• Like 1

Yesterday was fun. 

I was traveling and shot a guy, shot a witness in the arm, and outran the law. 

So then I run over a deer with my horse. I’m jazzed, free deer. 

So I’m cruising along and realize I can use my horse for hunting. I managed to trample a turkey and was feeling good. Then I come to a bridge, fucking Irish Cowboys. They kill me because i just wasn’t prepared for a posse 

So I revive. By now, my kids are watching me as I go to Valentine (“dad do they celebrate Valentines day?).

They suggest I jump in the sheep pen with my horse. My 8 year old then has a fucking brilliant idea. Release the sheep. 

So I held the pen door open and sheep fucking escaped, there was sheep roaming everywhere. We laughed our asses off.

Oh and I got killed a second time by the fucking Irish Cowboys. They blocked the road again!

How do you all deal that? I’m thinking of crafting a bunch of fire bombs. Or running away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yesterday was fun. 

I was traveling and shot a guy, shot a witness in the arm, and outran the law. 

So then I run over a deer with my horse. I’m jazzed, free deer. 

So I’m cruising along and realize I can use my horse for hunting. I managed to trample a turkey and was feeling good. Then I come to a bridge, fucking Irish Cowboys. They kill me because i just wasn’t prepared for a posse 

So I revive. By now, my kids are watching me as I go to Valentine (“dad do they celebrate Valentines day?).

They suggest I jump in the sheep pen with my horse. My 8 year old then has a fucking brilliant idea. Release the sheep. 

So I held the pen door open and sheep fucking escaped, there was sheep roaming everywhere. We laughed our asses off.

Oh and I got killed a second time by the fucking Irish Cowboys. They blocked the road again!

How do you all deal that? I’m thinking of crafting a bunch of fire bombs. Or running away.

Just ride around them and shoot the fuck out of them. I've died a couple times to raiders like that but generally I can move around enough to be able to kill them all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Use dead eye and go for head shots.

Failing that, shotgun time!

I helped a stranger and ran into him later in town. I now own the volcano pistol because he let me buy whatever I wanted at the Gunsmith, choices were limited but I’ll take a new pistol.

I also did something fucked up. I was leaving Valentine , and I grab my horse and ride out. Then I notice I am wanted for a crime, the fucking stable keeper is chasing me accusing me of some shit. So I lassoed him and took his money. I let him go but he still wants to report me, so I pull out my knife and chase him down. I tackled him, then slit his throat because I didn’t know thats a thing. 

So I jump on my horse and my guns are all gone. Then I realize I grabbed the wrong horse....

So that was why the stable guy was pissed at me. I took both horses to camp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Usually it will immediately give the “WITNESS” banner up top, along with the crime (horse/vehicle theft) when you do something like that. I wonder if it happened at all there. I’ve definitely gotten on the wrong horse, but that helps me realize immediately.

I should have noticed, I’m using that big black horse you get early on. I grabbed a brown horse that was smaller. 

But I am really impressed with this game, that my regular horse followed me home. 

I feel like the game works logically which is nice. I found I can stow multiple deer skins on my horse and a carcass. 

It’s probably the best sandbox game I have ever played. Everything feels natural, the people you encounter, dialogue, reactions, the mechanics of it all. 

For example, I ran into a Mexican man that challenged me to a a shooting contest. I was fumbling around trying to get my horse out of the way and he got pissed off because I took too long and he left. 

So I lassoed him and took his money. 

I do that often, lassoing people and taking their items. I also got a really cool picture I’ll share when I figure that out.

• Like 3