Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

• 1 month later...

Oh, I didn't even realise it was even out on PC yet! But I can't let myself buy it because I already have it on PS4 and I probably still won't play it if I get it on PC as well. I do that waaaay too often. It's stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bowl Full of Joshy said:

I’ve thankfully topped out both my Trader and Collector stuff and banked a bunch of money, gold, and those blue tokens. Bounty Hunter a lot less so, just because it’s not my favorite. I’m gonna be sooooo into this one.

The easiest way I found to do Bounty is while waiting for Trader to prep items for sale, I’d start a bounty. On the way to the bounty (mostly have no time limits) I’d have my collectors lantern out and collect stuff on the way. That way I had all roles gradually going up. In saying that, this was a few months ago and there may be better ways to gain bounty xp.

I beat the main story. 

I just started the Epilogue so I'm done with Arthur's section. Overall, I enjoyed the story and will definitely be playing every so often but the last stretch felt like a slog. I was a boy scout with Arthur throughout the game so got the "good" ending when you help John. So yeah, I helped John, wouldn't make sense for Arthur to not ride or die with his dude John when he knows it's his last run. 

When you think about it, all of Arthur's closest allies in the gang got killed, leaving him as the last of his half of the gang. Sean, Lenny, Kieran, Hosea, were all close with Arthur in their own way (Kieran and Sean sorta was love hate, or with Kieran it was more Arthur warming up to him). I was really hoping killing Micah was in the cards but then I don't really remember the previous RDR story, which is maybe a good thing so I could play that again?

I am kind of glad to be using John instead of Arthur just so that I'm not running around coughing.

Also got some funny videos saved from game play. For example, I was riding my horse and crash into the train station hitching posts in Valentine, flew head over heels onto the train station deck. Stood up and said "Hi there mister" to some guy. 

Actually...that shit is funny. "Hi there mister" "Hey mister" "Booyy" "Hey Boy" 

• Like 1

The Moonshiner update is now live. I haven’t started yet, because they ALSO added The Outlaw Pass 2. When you buy that, you get a ton of stuff over time, relatively easily and even get your gold back. But buying both is 65 gold bars and I had about 50. So I’m building my gold back up to be a Moonshiner too.

• Like 1

Got back into RDR now that I've got a PS4 again. Still have my version of Arthur Morgan, who wears the bear pelt headress and is barefoot because he believes himself to be the son of Thor, all his weapons being silver because he thinks the Pinkertons and O'Driscolls are werewolves.

I've also got him 'sacrificing' camps he raids by stacking the bodies in a pile and setting them on fire. It also happens to be a good way for me to keep track of who I've already looted.

Also I find it hilarious that

When escaping the Braithwaite plantation, you can call your horse to come to you and nobody seems to even notice my ninja horse.