Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I started the Moonshiner role yesterday and it is pretty damn good. The approach to it is sort of a blend of the bounty hunter and trader roles, with the possibility for more customization and (friendly!) interaction with other players. It’s actually got some story missions attached to it too, which I’m really digging.

16 hours ago, Bowl Full of Joshy said:

I started the Moonshiner role yesterday and it is pretty damn good. The approach to it is sort of a blend of the bounty hunter and trader roles, with the possibility for more customization and (friendly!) interaction with other players. It’s actually got some story missions attached to it too, which I’m really digging.

Just a heads up on the moonshiners role, For now, I would recommend not buying the bar/band stage as all it is is a purchase. After completing the role it Doesn’t appear to be making money at all. Possibly in the future. I would only suggest buying it earlier if you want the bandstand for free because I believe that’s only at that price until sometime next month.

in regards to the “assholes having gone” deal. They haven’t. They target the More midrange ranks (100+) now because they’re more likely to fight back and allow the shooters to get more xp. New players tend to parley straight away, which is smart.

Well, I already bought the bar, so oh well. No biggie though. It’s fun. I’m sure the band will be too.

I still get the occasional asshole coming after me, but I just let them kill me so I can press charges and parley immediately. I also report them, but that’s not as critical. That first part keeps you on track. Engaging only makes things worse.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 03:33, VerbalPuke said:

I beat the main story. 

Hide contents

I just started the Epilogue so I'm done with Arthur's section. Overall, I enjoyed the story and will definitely be playing every so often but the last stretch felt like a slog. I was a boy scout with Arthur throughout the game so got the "good" ending when you help John. So yeah, I helped John, wouldn't make sense for Arthur to not ride or die with his dude John when he knows it's his last run. 

When you think about it, all of Arthur's closest allies in the gang got killed, leaving him as the last of his half of the gang. Sean, Lenny, Kieran, Hosea, were all close with Arthur in their own way (Kieran and Sean sorta was love hate, or with Kieran it was more Arthur warming up to him). I was really hoping killing Micah was in the cards but then I don't really remember the previous RDR story, which is maybe a good thing so I could play that again?

I am kind of glad to be using John instead of Arthur just so that I'm not running around coughing.

Also got some funny videos saved from game play. For example, I was riding my horse and crash into the train station hitching posts in Valentine, flew head over heels onto the train station deck. Stood up and said "Hi there mister" to some guy. 

Actually...that shit is funny. "Hi there mister" "Hey mister" "Booyy" "Hey Boy" 

RE: the funny videos. Here's one of mine from a while back that sounds similar that amused me to no end when it happened.

Is there a viable money-making strat for train robberies or should I stick to bushwhacking camps and fencing stagecoaches?

So uh... when in the story can I buy a Mauser?

I mean, I have one from a story mission, but I want a second for full akimbo goodness.

Also, after certain story events, my version of Arthur is no longer a cowboy viking... he's a cowboy ninja.

Shame there's not a lot of navy blue clothes....

Didn't plan on this in my playthrough but...

Spoiler

I had Arthur make a face turn. Money Lending and Other Sins' finale kind of triggered it. Not just the final extortion mission but the aftermath. I saw it as a moment where Arthur just realized how fucked up the things he was doing was and decided to do some good before his passing. So no more bushwhacking or stagecoach robberies for Arthur.

• Like 1

Personally, I’d choose steam over epic launcher because screw having multiple launchers. 

as for the winter update. I’ve ridden around in normal clothing in the snow and not and haven’t experienced much of anything. I know it does happen but if you’re more prepared (clothing excepted) you’ll do just fine. Though, currently I do have a poncho/vest combo similar to the “man with no name”

14 hours ago, Hans GrubeORO said:

Didn't plan on this in my playthrough but...

Hide contents

I had Arthur make a face turn. Money Lending and Other Sins' finale kind of triggered it. Not just the final extortion mission but the aftermath. I saw it as a moment where Arthur just realized how fucked up the things he was doing was and decided to do some good before his passing. So no more bushwhacking or stagecoach robberies for Arthur.

You're playing it right.