Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I started a new game just to do the challenges because there was no way my redeemed Arthur was going to start robbing trains.

I don't think I'll ever play this again for this simple fact. I want to remember Arthur how he was, dying after doing the right thing. I don't want the bad ending. :( 

Oh if I play a second run I'm going full black hat. The burning bandit will terrorize the West once more. Maybe.

He won't think he's a viking or a ninja again though. Just a maniac in light colors and a black hat.

Finished the campaign. Might do a rampage ride through the country before I move on to Death Stranding.

Amazing story.

Spoiler

Also, first thing I did when the credits rolled was try to figure out where Pearson was. Rhodes was my first guess!

Also if they do RDR3, I hope the main character is

Spoiler

Sadie Adler

But they'll probably go the obvious Jack route.

I would be surprised if any potential Redemption 3 goes back in time with the same characters.

Spoiler

The Dutch's Gang story is complete now. It wouldn't particularly be interesting, narratively, to chart the rise of the gang. The way they fell apart, that was always very intriguing and many potential seeds for it were planted in the first Redemption. John's role in it all, all of that. The only real question mark left is what happened on the Blackwater ferry job, and that's not something which merits a whole game.

To me, if there is another Rockstar Old West game it would make sense to set it in the height of the era, same universe sure but the story of Dutch's Gang, of him and Arthur and John and all of those characters is complete. Otherwise, you could always go back to Jack Marston post-WW1 but that wouldn't be an Old West game due to the time period.

• Like 1

Well, not back in time, but

I feel there's a ton of potential in the continuing adventures of Sadie Adler, happening during the first game or in between 2 and 1 without adding to the narratives.

The Sadie route seems more DLC that full game. She’s a bounty hunter so it’ll be a series of bounties maybe including Charles and possibly John on occasion. Can’t really see where her story can go beyond that. 
They could go back another 50 odd years And run with a Gold Rush theme gradually leading to the western expansion via train etc. 

you could even have Uncle in it before he became Uncle! I picture him being a young lad. Late teens. Travelling with his family west as part of a caravan. You’ll play as his best friend obviously who then goes on to father One of the characters from Dutch’s gang, hence how he got the name Uncle.

I just want more uncle.

Yeah I thought Sadie was cool and would definitely make a good DLC there something.

But I think a full game set beyond RDR1 can’t really call itself a western any longer. Not that I’d be opposed, but it’s a very different conceit.

I’d like something in Mexico.That was my favourite part of the first game.

• 4 months later...

So i beat it.

A few months ago. Really a very enjoyable experience all around. I still play it regularly just being a complete fucking dick to people. 

Also just now went to Armadillo and the other town..forget the name. It all just dawned on me this is the area from RDR. Really cool. But that has given me more to do in game well after finishing every aspect of the main story. Also realized the little square boxes on the map are usually little homes with good loot. 

I still like to visit camps with rival gangs and just fucking massacre them. 

So...I missed out on a lot of the chat when it came out, any thoughts on favorite weapons? Bolt action rifle, Evans Repeater, Auto shotgun, Schofield Revolver, bow and arrow for me. Also love anything that can be thrown. 

• Like 1

My loadout for online is usually Bolt Action and varmint/Semi auto shotgun/bow/Lancaster rifle depending on the situation at hand. I’ll always use varmint on NPCs because why waste good annoying? I tend to lean towards dual LeMats revolvers but can switch to Schofields. Everything else is in the lockbox at camp. I also have the machete and Rope at the ready.

• Like 1

I’ve actually gone back to it lately to complete all the collectibles and so on. (Though, annoyingly, there are a few things you can’t do after a certain point in the game. Also, a couple of things you SHOULD be able to do are glitched. Anyhow.)

I’ve since gotten all the dinosaur bones, rock carvings, and exotics. I’ve also been checking out every little spot on the map, like VP said. I had missed out on some pretty cool secrets before. I’ve found several cool special weapons doing all this, like the double-sided hatchet or whatever it’s called. Just stuck in a stump in the middle of nowhere.

I was also surprised that some stranger missions have kept popping up since. Some cool stuff in those.

Red Dead Redemption is ten years old today. I won a copy in a competition at launch and have played it through three times since. I have no hesitation in calling it Rockstar's best storytelling effort at the time, eclipsed only by its sequel.

Oh my goodness me, so it is. I remember the summer it came out so well. I had just finished my second year at university and was back at my parents' house with nothing to do and no money. I played this game endlessly on my brother's PS3. Even got me into westerns too, which I'd never watched or wanted to watch before,

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the game yesterday. What a fun ride. I really enjoyed it and thought the characters were all really well thought out and complex.

Going to take a break for a while but will eventually go back and try and finish all the side missions and collectibles. 

• Like 5