Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

4 hours ago, Apsham said:

The guys at New Legacy Inc. got an early copy of the PS4 version and have some videos up on their YouTube channel of them playing around with the game, another with the story mode and another talking about how you get created stuff into the game. Essentially what you do is sign in to https://firepro-w.com/ and manage it almost exactly like the Steam workshop. Right now it looks like you can do wrestlers, referees and textures - I'm glad it's like this, being outside of the Steam system means they can possibly do more with it, etc.

That's a cool way to do Edit Sharing, but I hope that it's easily traversed for English speaking fans. I'm assuming that the English language part hasn't launched yet as the game isn't out for another 16 days here.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 03:38, iAmRockyFeller said:

Pretty sure there's an "Unsubscribe All" button in the workshop.

Edit: click on Browse and select "Subscribed Items" and you should see something like this in the right panel.
48890b8e015ce8dfaf13f90cda71470e.png

Turns out there was a Mass Deletion mod - you can use the mod to sort your roster by promotion/group and bulk delete people out that way.  Pretty nifty.  I was able to keep my late 90s WCW roster intact but clear out all of the modern WWE and NJPW edits that were nearly a year old when better versions are now available.

Then needed to use the Unsubscribe All feature to ensure everything didn't automatically re-download.  Yeah that means I unsubscribed from even the edits that I was keeping but I don't really care as my WCW edits were part of a completed collection unlikely to be modified any further.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Turns out there was a Mass Deletion mod - you can use the mod to sort your roster by promotion/group and bulk delete people out that way.  Pretty nifty.  I was able to keep my late 90s WCW roster intact but clear out all of the modern WWE and NJPW edits that were nearly a year old when better versions are now available.

Then needed to use the Unsubscribe All feature to ensure everything didn't automatically re-download.  Yeah that means I unsubscribed from even the edits that I was keeping but I don't really care as my WCW edits were part of a completed collection unlikely to be modified any further.

I tried using the sorting mod and couldn't. Didn't want to risk crashing the whole thing so never tried again. :(

On 12/08/2018 at 11:38, Gabriel said:

That's a cool way to do Edit Sharing, but I hope that it's easily traversed for English speaking fans. I'm assuming that the English language part hasn't launched yet as the game isn't out for another 16 days here.

It works kinda like NJPW world where there is a button to swap from English/Japanese. It was up when I looked a week ago.

8 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I'm going to carry on with PC mostly due to the insane amount of mods available, but I'll definitely be supporting further by getting the official New Japan DLC and the other packs.

What kinds of mods come up for this type of game?

5 hours ago, =BK= said:

What kinds of mods come up for this type of game?

Besides the standard move hacks and attire mods?

There's a camera mod, Iron Man mod, Royal Rumble mod, mods for more options for deathmatches, a no collar and elbow mod (which gets buggy especially when used in tag matches), among loads of others.

http://criticalclub.com/board/6/mods

• Like 1

The Rumble mod is especially fun because you can put as many edits as you want into it.  I put 60 WCW edits into one and treated it like the World War 3 battle royal.  There's also a roster organization one that will alphabetize every wrestler in your game instantly with a click of a button.  For an organization freak like me, that was so great.

However - Carlzilla posted a pretty important disclaimer that if you use mods with custom parts and moves, you might not be able to play the game once the DLC drops.

He's pretty flippant in this but that's because he puts a ton of work into these mods, adds troubleshooting tips in all of his mod notes yet still gets 5 million questions that were already answered in the very first post.

Because recent additions to the mod suite save directly into your save data, and I'm unsure of the amount of free time I'll have to update the mod suite after the 20th of this month, I want to make everyone aware of the possibility that you will be unable to play the game at all after the update until I've found the free time to update.

This really only applies to custom parts and custom moves, but if you use them on any of your edits, there's a chance that your game will not run after the update as the information for those items is stored in your save data regardless of whether or not you have mods patched in. This means that unlike previous updates, where you could just play the vanilla game while you waited for me to update, that may not be an option for some of you this time around.

The only work around would be to remove all custom parts from all your edits (you don't have to delete the .tex files or anything, just remove the parts in edit mode) and all MovePack/Custom Moves from your edits. You can use the option on the Testing Options tab of More Match Options to find edits that contain custom moves or edit parts.

The Mod Suite could take it's usual 12-24 hours to update or it could take weeks (depending on the amount of changes they make to the underlying code), so if you don't want to potentially be locked out of the game for weeks, I recommend heeding my advice and temporarily moving away from custom parts and moves. You've got two weeks to make the necessary changes...after that, I won't entertain any "My game is broken" posts or questions...because lets face it, you're a cunt who didn't read this and you deserve all the broken you're getting.

• Haha 3

Thanks Trump

Spike are definitely taking some heat for this on the Steam Forums.  In January when they said they would be focusing most of their efforts on the PS4 version, everyone on the PC was supportive because the goal was for the game to succeed and the PS4 platform would make them to the most money.  But now they've delayed PC content a week before release in order to again accommodate PS4, people have gotten miffed.

On top of all this, Carlzilla has now said that with the DLC dropping next week he should've been able to update the mod suite fairly quickly since he'd only be a couple of weeks into classes.  But he expects his workload to ramp up very quickly and so with this delay, expect it to be several months before he can fix the suite.

In other words, if you play PC you need to decide between the mod suite or the new content.  If you want to keep using mods, you'd better stock up on edits now because once the content drops you'll have to play in offline mode for the foreseeable future.