Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

I feel for Nathan Ake. He's stuck in a weird position of his parent club rate him but he needs more experience in order to break ahead of the established back three. But for Ake to develop into someone capable of that standard he probably needs a move and playing at a team better than Bournemouth  (no disrespect) 

13 minutes ago, Jericode said:

What happened to that Danish youngster we had at centre back, is he still on eternal loan somewhere in Germany?

He's just finished his 2 year loan and will be back (at least temporarily) this summer.

Ahh, sweet. Apparently he's had good reviews so I'd like to see him given a shot in the Premier League. I could say that about half of our youth side though and none of them are going to be given a fair chance.

Ake, Christensen, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Traore, and Abraham could all probably do a job for us with a chance in the first team. Sadly I think the only job they will be doing is making us a profit :shifty:

I think Zouma will get loaned on the basis that he's not really recovered properly from his injury and could do with a full season on the pitch to do it. I wouldn't expect him sold or to be gone for more than one season.

I think Ake would make the most sense to keep on (versatility and all)...but what he wants might be different. I doubt that BOTH he and Christensen will remain at Chelsea to probably-duke-it-out-for-4th-choice so maybe the other will go. Then probably a new signing to bring our CB ranks to 5, although who knows of what calibre.

Ake at left back as cover for Alonso makes more sense to me, utility at CB is an added bonus.

Zouma getting loaned somewhere like Palace seems a good choice since they need CBs and he'd still be local (not that that matters). Can easily be recalled like Ake was in January if we have issues.

As for a replacement, robbing someone like Ben Gibson from Middlesborough for the English quota and doing next to nothing with him sounds far too like us for me to see anything else.

If i were the manager of a top 6 premier league club and i wanted to loan out a young central defender to get experience, I'd be sending them to the "worst" premier league team possible, they're going to get exposed to premier league strike forces more than anyone. Sure, if it's a striker you want them to go to a Southampton or Everton, but to get the most experience as a defender you want them to go to Huddersfield or Brighton

• Like 2

• Admin

The Manchester City striker Enes Unal is set to join Villarreal for £12m with the deal including a buy-back clause in the region of £17.5m.

The 20-year-old has yet to agree personal terms with the Spanish side, although he is expected to do so with talks between him and the club under way over a four-year contract.

Unal joined City for £2m from Bursaspor in 2015 with the Turkish Super Lig club set to receive a development fee if the transfer goes ahead.

The striker has not been short of options following an impressive loan spell at the Dutch club Twente. Lille, Valencia, Monaco, Schalke, Porto and Benfica have all registered an interest but Villarreal now look poised to clinch the deal.

The Turkey international is unable to secure a work permit to play in England under the existing Home Office regulations. Unal would have had to have featured in at least 45% of the Turkish national team games over the past 24 months, which he has not, or apply for a permit under the “exceptional talent” criteria.

He has been out on loan for both seasons since joining City in 2015. He spent six months at Genk in Belgium followed by a brief stint at NAC Breda in 2015-16.

Unal striker then joined Twente in another temporary move and scored 19 goals and provided four assists in all competitions. He finished the season as the highest-scoring Turkish player in Eredivisie history, with 18 of his goals coming in the league.

The striker was called up to Turkey’s most recent two games and came on as a substitute in the 2-0 victory against Finland and started the 3-1 win against Moldova. The Turkey head coach, Fatih Terim, is expected to include Unal for the next round of international games against Macedonia on 5 June and Kosovo on 11 June.

Unal has been expected to reach the very top since breaking through at Bursaspor, for whom he scored 182 goals in 110 appearances at youth levels and for the first team. He scored 24 times in 25 games for the Turkey Under-16 team before making his debut for the senior team against Luxemburg aged 17. Aged 16, Unal became the youngest player to score in the Turkish top flight, scoring against Galatasaray.

• Admin

Lucas Perez has made it clear to Arsenal he wants to leave this summer after becoming frustrated over a lack of first-team opportunities.

The 28-year-old moved to the Emirates Stadium from Deportivo La Coruna for a fee believed to be in the region of £17m, making him Arsenal’s fifth-most expensive signing.

But the forward found his chances severely limited, with Perez starting just twice in the Premier League in 2016-17.

Now his agent, Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle, has revealed he already wishes to leave.

"The idea is to be able to play for another club," he told Press Association Sport.

"We want to leave and Arsenal already know. Do you know anyone who is happy but has no opportunities?"

I have it on pretty good authority that Mo Salah to Liverpool is all but done. Little bit sceptical about this one - not sure he'll translate to the Prem (again) and still salty about missing out on Brandt. Not sure what that means for the Ox rumours either.

31 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I have it on pretty good authority that Mo Salah to Liverpool is all but done. Little bit sceptical about this one - not sure he'll translate to the Prem (again) and still salty about missing out on Brandt. Not sure what that means for the Ox rumours either.

I'd be happy with Salah...apart from the fact he'll piss off for the AFCON. 

I think Chamberlain will still be a target as I think Klopp will see him as someone who can compete with Lallana. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nerf said:

#nerfintheknow

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Not quite as concrete as the info I obtained last summer, but I'd say it's fairly likely to happen.

Its 50/50. He either signs or he doesn't.

40 minutes ago, MDK said:

Its 50/50. He either signs or he doesn't.

Well, that's the uncertainty yeah. Whereas last year I had the more conclusive "Klopp has literally told X, X and X to pack their bags and find a new club."