Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

It seems really likely that Kyle Walker is off to City :(

That's what happens when you have a world class team and pay mid-table wages. Something has to give eventually.

I'd imagine Alli will be gone in the next few years if the wage structure is accurate. Kane may stay out of loyalty but you can't keep players of that level with those wages.

I mean if Kane left tomorrow, he'd treble his wages in Manchester.

18 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I saw one article that said Jack Rodwell will get 60k a week in the Championship for Sunderland - Walker earns just shy of 70k at Spurs.

Well at least we know what Ross Barkley will be on in about five years time. :shifty: 

Is there a possibility De Gea's deal has a release clause for Real Madrid?

It hasn't been mentioned but he'd have been foolish not to demand it. He basically had all the leverage with that contract.

It seemed to come from nowhere. Paper reports yesterday suggested Pep was under pressure from owners to bring Hart back. This is as much of a "lol, no" as possible, I think.

I said it when Hart was originally leaving City and I'll say it again - he'd fit in at Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I said it when Hart was originally leaving City and I'll say it again - he'd fit in at Liverpool.

He wouldn't :shifty: Everton on the other hand seems like it makes too much sense not to happen.

Edited by Nerf
  • Like 1

Pep must really not rate Hart to be spending 40 million on a keeper. It's a position they need strengthening but this just shows how badly Claudio Bravo has done after his £17 million - not a small amount of money for a keeper previously - move last season. And if Ederson has as bad a season as Bravo has had, will Pep splunk another 30-40 million on another keeper next year?

This is the first time Pep's had to build a team from pretty much the foundations and his approach seems to be 'throw money at it and see what sticks'. This could be a very expensive experiment for City.

23 hours ago, TCO said:

That's what happens when you have a world class team and pay mid-table wages. Something has to give eventually.

I'd imagine Alli will be gone in the next few years if the wage structure is accurate. Kane may stay out of loyalty but you can't keep players of that level with those wages.

I mean if Kane left tomorrow, he'd treble his wages in Manchester.

Until we move into a new season, reality is there has to be a wage structure in place. I mean, I'd have prefer it if we spent the £30 mil or whatever on Sissoko on upping people's wages. 

I think it depends how the team develops for now, we're definitely an exciting project and the players seem to love working for Poch. If Poch left, I could see alot of people moving on - Lloris has previously come out and said he's basically at Spurs cos he loves Poch. 

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Nah you're alright. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Until we move into a new season, reality is there has to be a wage structure in place. I mean, I'd have prefer it if we spent the £30 mil or whatever on Sissoko on upping people's wages. 

I think it depends how the team develops for now, we're definitely an exciting project and the players seem to love working for Poch. If Poch left, I could see alot of people moving on - Lloris has previously come out and said he's basically at Spurs cos he loves Poch. 

I think the issue Spurs might have is although they are an exciting option and Poch's stock is at an all time high for him these past two seasons, wage structure will block Spurs being able to go after a certain pool of players...but if they can keep attracting players who may be off the radar for bigger teams they'll be sound. The likes of Son, Eriksen etc those types of players  

5 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'd say he's on a par with Mignolet and better than Karius, but he's also 7 years older than Karius who may yet grow into a good goalkeeper.

^^^

At best, Hart's a marginal improvement on Mignolet, who is the wrong type of keeper for our system anyway. That'd just be doubling down on the issue. For all the shit Karius got, as a team we functioned much better with him purely due to his natural inclination to play a high line and his ability to actually kick a football.

If anything in goal is the last area Liverpool need to strengthen. Like Man City they've got serious problems in defence. They need a left back - Jonas Hector of Koln would be a good choice for Klopp's style of play - and probably at least one centre back. Joe Gomez looks like an excellent prospect but Klaven has been a bad signing and Sakho is gone, leaving just Matip and Lovren, neither of whom played 30 games in the league last season.