Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

Just now, Colly said:

The clubs just need to be strong enough to say that if you want away you go in August, otherwise you wait until January. European clubs will soon learn to come in earlier. 

But they could have been stronger with the window still open til the 31st August. There was nothing stopping them saying that to players with the way things were.

I think starting the season knowing that's the squad you'll have til January (barring a big European side deciding to fuck us with a bid) is a good thing though. 

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

But they could have been stronger with the window still open til the 31st August. There was nothing stopping them saying that to players with the way things were.

True, but the clubs are in a pretty strong position to just go "it doesn't matter how much money we get in, you know we can't replace you til January so you can wait til then". It's all posturing nonsense at the end of the day, so this can only be a good thing in my view. Outside of the very odd player who goes to Madrid or Barca it's not as if anyone else in Europe is going to do a massive raid on the Premier League in September. 

This is still a year away, the UEFA is looking into changing it, I know the Dutch FA is looking into it, let's hope the English FA kicking it off leads to other leagues joining.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twist said:

There's still a transfer deadline day.

I know that. But whereas for Jim you can't tell him that deadline day will be the same for him.