Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

Bit gutted we didn't bring in any competition for Alli, Eriksen or Son. I guess a lot rests on getting Lamela fit and for GKN or Sissoko to step up. Interesting to see where this leaves Janssen, but nice that Llorente will give us a completely different option. 

1 minute ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

Llorente announced, along with Bony. According to their signing video, I'll assume this deal took so long due to Bony shooting this fire music video:

hahaha that is so awkward 

• Like 1

I'd have took Llorente if we ever had a plan b. Solid player, will score a few goals and awkward as fuck to defend in the air. Good signing for Spurs that. 

1 minute ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

Brighton have got a Deal Sheet in to sign a striker...and it's Vincent Jansson!

Interesting. Is Llorente going to be a short term option considering he's 32. Thought it might have been a loan deal for Jansson as in a few seasons Spurs will be in the position of needing to sign another striker. 

7 Deal Sheets at least in the motions at the moment with the PL, looks like they include: Drinkwater to Chelsea, Silva to Leicester, Sakho to Palace, Niasse to Palace and Janssen to Brighton.

Even Sunderland have made a few decent signings tonight, adding further insult to injury on Newcastle's dismal window.

• Admin

Leicester managed to sign Dragovic on loan.

Janssen to Brighton would have to be a permanent deal ad they already have two PL players on loan.

Marcus Edwards also various loans in the Championship as well as in Holland as he wants to break through into our first team this year.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it... None of the big transfers are going to happen apart from Mahrez to somewhere and Llorente to Spurs (if that isn't already confirmed); Sanchez, Coutinho, Van Dijk, Evans, Lemar and all the others I'm forgetting don't move.

Been at work since 5 but I'm guessing I pretty much called it?

Niasse to Palace is off. Not sure why, but frustrating for all parties. 

Janssen unable to be tempted by Brighton either, that deal is dead.

I'm off to bed, not sure why I got so swept up by this nonsense. It needs to end before the season starts in future years! 

EDIT: Ooh hang on. Chelsea have finally signed Danny Drinkwater! Must mean Silva is going through too. 

So in the end we got Zappacosta and Drinkwater.

I'm actually fairly satisfied with this (although obviously this is influenced by how it looked like we might get no one). I know nothing about Zappacosta but he's a wing-back and Conte knows him, so he surely can't be half-bad. It's been speculated that Ox was the 'club choice' and, when that fell through, Zap was Conte's suggestion. Might be true. And yes, I will enjoy being able to refer to a player as Zap. :shifty:

Drinkwater is...well, he could be the new Steve Sidwell and be utterly pointless. He could be the new MRLSH and do a solid job. He could stay on the bench forever (except the League Cup) because no one else gets injured. Who knows. At the very least, we don't just have three central midfielders anymore and that makes me feel good.

The Ross Barkley thing is utterly hilarious.

Here's a guy in the last year of his contract and injured until, what, the tail-end of November? Everton must have been over the fucking moon to get £30 million for him considering that in January he could either agree a pre-contract for nothing or, at best, be sold for a token fee of maybe £10m or so. They get it all agreed and he suddenly turns around and says NOPE. All he's done is screw Everton out of maybe £20 million! I'm sure they'll love him even more now.

And what have Chelsea lost? Even if they do really want him (which I don't personally understand - I mean, what even would be his preferred position in a 3-4-3?), they can now just buy him for less money in January, having lost out on maybe one month's worth of him that they would otherwise have had during December (when he'd have had no match fitness at all, of course). Amazing.

I'm not sure how much of a loss missing out on Llorente will be, mainly because there were some stories about how Batshuayi would be gone if Llorente came in, which kind of achieves nothing because we still have two strikers. Yes, they're different kinds of strikers, but it's not like we don't have the kind of aerial/hold-up ability that Llorente offers already covered by Morata, so it's not a major gap in our tactical options either. Having three real strikers in the squad again would have been nice though, if we kept Bats.

What's the betting Chelsea have said 'We'll pay you £X per week to sign a deal now, but if you reject this, we'll pay you £X per week plus another fifty grand per week if you sign a pre contract on 1st January'. 

12 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm not happy with Drinkwater at all, can we not let him stay at Leicester and just hijack their move for Silva if we have to sign a centre mid :shifty:

You will be. Drinkwater is tremendous, and by far the most under-appreciated Leicester player by the media with the possible exception of Kasper. He and Kante played almost every game in the title winning year. I think he might be one of the most under-appreciated players in the Prem tbh.

• Like 2