Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

Dijon are hoping to sign Sunderland central defender Papy Djilobodji before the window shuts, according to reports in France. 

D'jou think Dijon djust don't realise how dodjy a player Djilobodji is?

• Like 1

Apparently now Spurs are in 'pole position' for Llorente.

I mean, it's a backup striker and that's not as vital to us as a backup wing-back/midfielder...and really it's only because we've been linked with him for ages that I'd got to the point of thinking "yeah I suppose that'll be fine" about the transfer... But if it *is* another one Chelsea try and fail to get, someone in our transfer negotiation team needs sacking because this has been the story of the summer.

With that said, Sky broke this news and I'm always suspicious of what SkyBet's media arm comes up with on days like this.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Well I reckon they've got about 30 or so first team players left and I think about a third of those are leaving or want out?

Assuming Ox and Sanchez both leave today - and no signings since they've "got no money for them" - that does leave them a bit short of quality players.

But who knows? Maybe Arsene is going to blood the youngsters who came second in the U18 Development League and fourth in the U23s last season?

Edit: Also on the whole 'no money' thing (cos seriously this is some ridiculous shit for a club the size of Arsenal), someone someone did the math and Arsenal should have at least 60 or so million to spend on players and wages and that's even if Sanchez stays.

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

I like Mustafi, I don't think he's done a bad job and I'd hoped he would make a good partnership with Koscielny so it baffles me. Be genuinely surprised if we do actually sign someone else.

The thing with Mustafi is that he is a bit too Vermaelen for my liking. We'd be better off with an accomplished centre back with experience. A shame underwhelming as it would be, Jonny Evans would definitely fit that criteria.

I still think Wenger is going to revert to the back 4 again. But I do not like his insistence that Monreal/Kolasinac "are centre back options". They are, but only if our first 3/4 choice defenders are injured or suspended.

Chambers should be given a chance in the next few weeks.

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

I like Mustafi, I don't think he's done a bad job and I'd hoped he would make a good partnership with Koscielny so it baffles me. Be genuinely surprised if we do actually sign someone else.

The thing with Mustafi is that he is a bit too Vermaelen for my liking. We'd be better off with an accomplished centre back with experience. A shame underwhelming as it would be, Jonny Evans would definitely fit that criteria.

I still think Wenger is going to revert to the back 4 again. But I do not like his insistence that Monreal/Kolasinac "are centre back options". They are, but only if our first 3/4 choice defenders are injured or suspended.

Clearly my phone was fucking around and posted this multiple times...

3 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Gotta wonder for Swansea's safety if he does leave though. Top scorer and best player both gone in one window? Big losses.

I think they need to get Sanches over the line and potentially another forward in to keep fans happy if Llorente does go.

6 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Clearly my phone was fucking around and posted this multiple times...

Howedes really would've been a good choice and assuming he still had his release clause in place, a bargain in this market at £15.5 million.

2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Last I heard they were getting Bony back for £12m.

Good signing for them but lack of games for both City and Stoke might have hurt him.

It's so large that Southampton then give VvD a bumper new contract and he's happy again. Liverpool, you played yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1