Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

7 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It's also very, very possible that he isn't.

Thanks Michael Owen.

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

If they sign a player a year in advance, do they get to do another medical next summer in case Leipzig find a way to crock him in the meantime?

Medicals are mostly for stuff like heart defects etc anyway. I imagine he'll have another next summer though.

14 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

If they sign a player a year in advance, do they get to do another medical next summer in case Leipzig find a way to crock him in the meantime?

Nope. Contact is signed. I mean, they'll give him another one, but even if he failed, it's a done deal. 

9 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Nope. Contact is signed. I mean, they'll give him another one, but even if he failed, it's a done deal. 

Surely it depends on the terms of the contract? I'd assume there would be a clause in there that if he develops a chronic medical issue the deal will be called off. If not Liverpool are super mega dumb

20 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Thanks Michael Owen.

Medicals are mostly for stuff like heart defects etc anyway. I imagine he'll have another next summer though.

I am pretty sure they also check for major muscle and connective tissue issues, otherwise you would sign people with duff knees and ankles if they just focused on heart conditions, etc...

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Surely it depends on the terms of the contract? I'd assume there would be a clause in there that if he develops a chronic medical issue the deal will be called off. If not Liverpool are super mega dumb

I am pretty sure they also check for major muscle and connective tissue issues, otherwise you would sign people with duff knees and ankles if they just focused on heart conditions, etc...

No, they do, but there have been a lot of questions elsewhere about why they've done a medical now. They've already paid the money and he's signed the contract, so checking for any underlying chronic conditions is crucial. Obviously, as you said, I imagine there'll be another next summer too to check all is still well.

Were those questions asked by utter imbeciles? Or just contrary arseholes? I would imagine had there not been a medical the same people would be shouting about why not do a medical before signing a contract.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Were those questions asked by utter imbeciles? Or just contrary arseholes? I would imagine had there not been a medical the same people would be shouting about why not do a medical before signing a contract.

Yes

There are legitimately people watching for updates on a chartered flight due to come into John Lennon Airport because they think Virgil Van Dijk will be on it. 

It's honestly hilarious. True or not it's the most bonkers thing I've seen in a while around a Liverpool transfer.

• Haha 1

If Man City are trying to swap Sterling for Sanchez, I think everyone is going to be holding everyone elses pints by Thursday.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phobolip Jeffries said:

There are legitimately people watching for updates on a chartered flight due to come into John Lennon Airport because they think Virgil Van Dijk will be on it. 

It's honestly hilarious. True or not it's the most bonkers thing I've seen in a while around a Liverpool transfer.

I can't stop laughing at people posting pictures of a van saying "LOOK IT'S THE SAME CAR REG AS THE ONE IN THE SALAH VIDEO, DEFO MEANS VVD IS IN THE CAR!!!" 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I can't stop laughing at people posting pictures of a van saying "LOOK IT'S THE SAME CAR REG AS THE ONE IN THE SALAH VIDEO, DEFO MEANS VVD IS IN THE CAR!!!" 

In total fairness (I know, I don't know why I'm bothering but...) this makes it sound slightly more ridiculous than it actually is. If it wasn't Van Dijk, it was at the very least somebody from the club that was on the South Coast for whatever reason.

The pure madness of people reacting to a van is what I love.

Virgil van Dijk's being driven around in the LFC Transfer Van. Raheem Sterling is being swapped for Alexis Sanchez. Chelsea are having to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain because they forgot that you also have to have footballers that aren't on loan.

And it's only Tuesday.

• Like 2