Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

Divock Origi is off to Wolfsburg on loan. £6m loan fee and 100% wages paid. Christ.

Surely that means Lemar is pretty much done. Doubt they let him go otherwise.

Supposedly your interest in Lemar is over now you've more or less signed Chamberlain, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if you still get him or VVD tomorrow. Fuck knows what'll hapen on deadline day with how bizarre this window has already been (probably nothing :shifty:)

I have no idea what is happening to our defence. We've already sold Gabriel, Per is essentially retired, and he's benching Kolasinac. Gibbs is on his way out. If Mustafi goes to Inter we'll have....Kos and Monreal just? Is Bellerin still being chased by Barca? Who knows what's in store.

I like Mustafi, I don't think he's done a bad job and I'd hoped he would make a good partnership with Koscielny so it baffles me. Be genuinely surprised if we do actually sign someone else.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

A strange one now - both United and Chelsea have been linked with a move for Bacary Sagna, without a club after his contract with Man City expired.

It's only strange if you forget that we've been through about eight options for wing/full-back depth already and at this stage we're pretty fucking desperate.

4 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

It's only strange if you forget that we've been through about eight options for wing/full-back depth already and at this stage we're pretty fucking desperate.

I suppose. Certainly can't see him getting into the United side though. Would take injuries to 3 or 4 of our R/LB's for him to get a look in. If Valencia gets injured, Darmian, Blind or Lindelof could all step in. Phil Jones has filled in at RB before too. I'd be very surprised if we went to the trouble of bringing an ex-Man City player in for it to be Sagna. 

What I'm expecting from Chelsea today...

* Wrap up Llorente for £15m after Bony going back to Swansea is confirmed.

* Bite the bullet and pay full asking price for Drinkwater because, Christ, that's the depths we're down to at this point.

* Decide not to loan Kenedy to Newcastle after all because all our wing-back targets have fallen through (although on the other hand, loaning him anyway with no replacement would be SO VERY CHELSEA at this stage).

* Possibly one other small surprise that comes out of nowhere, but not a good or significant one (not Djilobodgi levels of nonsense, but getting there). This might be Sagna.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

What I'm expecting from Chelsea today...

* Wrap up Llorente for £15m after Bony going back to Swansea is confirmed.

* Bite the bullet and pay full asking price for Drinkwater because, Christ, that's the depths we're down to at this point.

* Decide not to loan Kenedy to Newcastle after all because all our wing-back targets have fallen through (although on the other hand, loaning him anyway with no replacement would be SO VERY CHELSEA at this stage).

* Possibly one other small surprise that comes out of nowhere, but not a good or significant one (not Djilobodgi levels of nonsense, but getting there). This might be Sagna.

It pains me how accurate these probably are.

• Like 1

Clubs I've seen linked to Mahrez are Arsenal (they ain't spending money) Chelsea, Juve and Barca. 

In terms of us, I'm expecting us to go balls out trying to get Lemar and Van Dijk. I think neither of them will come in due to it being late for Monaco and with the players they've sold and in terms of Van Dijk I can't see Southampton wanting to sell to us whatsoever. They'll hold firm no matter how high we bid.

Outgoings will be Sakho to Palace or West Brom, I think it'll be Palace more as he'd prefer a move there plus I can see it being dependant on Evans moving for him to go West Brom. 

Markovic will go out on loan...somewhere. Really can't see him being at the club this season.