Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

13:11

CHELSEA'S RAFINHA BID REJECTED

SSN reporter Anton Toloui has given us an update from Stamford Bridge....

"Sky in Germany are reporting that Chelsea had a bid for Bayern Munich left-back Rafinha rejected on Wednesday."

13:35

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources have told our colleagues at Sky in Germany that Chelsea have had a bid rejected by Bayern Munich for right-back Rafinha.

Sky taking the piss a bit with the definition of BREAKING NEWS - not only reporting something that happened (and was reported) yesterday, but repeating their own feed as well.

41 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Sanches to Swansea on loan is a DONE DEAL!

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

Renato Sanches to Swansea is done. What a coup for them. 

Cheers, scoop.

• Haha 1

I'm gonna go ahead and say it... None of the big transfers are going to happen apart from Mahrez to somewhere and Llorente to Spurs (if that isn't already confirmed); Sanchez, Coutinho, Van Dijk, Evans, Lemar and all the others I'm forgetting don't move.

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it... None of the big transfers are going to happen apart from Mahrez to somewhere and Llorente to Spurs (if that isn't already confirmed); Sanchez, Coutinho, Van Dijk, Evans, Lemar and all the others I'm forgetting don't move.

@Matt Leeds have signed Pierre-Michel Lasogga, given he was linked to top level clubs two years ago, thatcould be a massive coup.

I find it interesting the difference between football and american football with relation to transfer/trade windows. We all look forward to transfer deadline day whereas NFL fans look forward to the day the teams are allowed to trade again. Fascinating dynamics. 

14 minutes ago, Gazz said:

@Matt Leeds have signed Pierre-Michel Lasogga, given he was linked to top level clubs two years ago, thatcould be a massive coup.

That was all but confirmed yesterday, just some minor hold up with paperwork. 

He's a strange one, he was highly rated and even called up to the German national squad but had to pull out due to injury. On the other hand he seems to have stagnated in the past couple of seasons, hopefully that's due to not being able to get a consistent run in the side at Hamburg and a move away will rejuvenate his career. Still a loan with an option to buy is a relatively safe gamble for a player of his potential quality.

I got happy because we signed a defender (Harry Toffolo from Norwich) on top of bringing Jordan Houghton back from Chelsea today, but then it turned out Toffolo has only signed because our recently signed first choice left back Danny Andrew is going to be out for the season :(