Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

It's at the point now where transfer fees are pretty much irrelevant, isn't it? Whether it's £30m or £40m for Chamberlain, Liverpool have enough money from the CL money and the TV money for it to not matter one jot in the grand scheme of things. 

8 minutes ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

It's at the point now where transfer fees are pretty much irrelevant, isn't it? Whether it's £30m or £40m for Chamberlain, Liverpool have enough money from the CL money and the TV money for it to not matter one jot in the grand scheme of things. 

Its only irrelevant if he's the only player they want to sign before the deadline. If that extra £10m prevents them signing Lemar or someone else we're not aware of, it still matters. 

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

I assume that a Liverpool bid of £40m is therefore imminent.

£40,000,001

• Like 1

So, the latest from Ornstein of the BBC says that Arsenal will be making no major signings as there is no money for it. 

We have signed Lacazette / Kolasinac for around £50/52m. We have sold Chamberlain, Szczesny, Gabriel, Gibbs, Toral, Hinds for £73m. That leaves us in net profit of around £21m and that is before we sell Sanchez for a likely £60-70m.

Our club is a fucking embarrassment and a shambles. Once again, Wenger will keep faith in average players that are not producing the goods. What a sad state of affairs.

It genuinely fucking baffles me. Every single club has improved their squad this season. We'll end up being the only club that doesn't. It makes zero sense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So, the latest from Ornstein of the BBC says that Arsenal will be making no major signings as there is no money for it. 

We have signed Lacazette / Kolasinac for around £50/52m. We have sold Chamberlain, Szczesny, Gabriel, Gibbs, Toral, Hinds for £73m. That leaves us in net profit of around £21m and that is before we sell Sanchez for a likely £60-70m.

Our club is a fucking embarrassment and a shambles. Once again, Wenger will keep faith in average players that are not producing the goods. What a sad state of affairs.

It genuinely fucking baffles me. Every single club has improved their squad this season. We'll end up being the only club that doesn't. It makes zero sense.

I don't get how there's no money for it. Arsenal have one of the most profitable stadiums, by some measures have the fifth largest fan base in the world and according to Forbes are the 7th richest club in the world.

How can there be no money for players? I get that the market's ridiculous right now, but that's got to be a really bad joke right? >_>

4 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Divock Origi is off to Wolfsburg on loan. £6m loan fee and 100% wages paid. Christ.

Surely that means Lemar is pretty much done. Doubt they let him go otherwise.

We sold Aluko thinking we probably had Jota lined up.

Still waiting...

I'm very curious to see what kind of craziness tomorrow brings, and Friday for that matter since La Liga's still open then. For us, it's still all about Coutinho. If we bring in Lemar, I feel that's Coutinho sold. If not, I'm hoping he stays still. It's gone very cold on the CB front too.

At this rate, I fully expect Sanchez to be sold tomorrow since Arsenal are in free fall, and I imagine the Costa fiasco gets sorted out too.