Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

I mean, he's not wrong. Why's Naby Keita going to give a fuck where he can get his haircut a year before he moves there? He's not based his move to Liverpool based on the fact his agent said he can get a dope fade down the road.

You realise I'm referring to the fact that he's been trying to buy a house in Liverpool right?

But sure, yeah, Keita wasn't house hunting and it's a total coincidence he's signed for Liverpool. Totally not related at all.

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I mean, he's not wrong. Why's Naby Keita going to give a fuck where he can get his haircut a year before he moves there? He's not based his move to Liverpool based on the fact his agent said he can get a dope fade down the road.

I dunno...you don't wanna be running around on the pitch for 90 minutes in front of 40,000 plus and being watched on TV with a shit barnet week in week out...

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

I dunno...you don't wanna be running around on the pitch for 90 minutes in front of 40,000 plus and being watched on TV with a shit barnet week in week out...

I mean

maxresdefault.jpg

Evidently some do.

5 minutes ago, Nerf said:

You realise I'm referring to the fact that he's been trying to buy a house in Liverpool right?

But sure, yeah, Keita wasn't house hunting and it's a total coincidence he's signed for Liverpool. Totally not related at all.

Gareth Bale has a house, a bar, and his kid enrolled in a school in Cardiff, doesn't necessarily mean he's signing for them any time soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Gareth Bale has a house, a bar, and his kid enrolled in a school in Cardiff, doesn't necessarily mean he's signing for them any time soon.

Are you actually being serious?

The only way that's comparable is if Gareth Bale then does indeed sign for Cardiff and you go "oh, yeah, but the house/bar/school had nothing to do with it..."

• Admin

Everton are close to completing a €10m (£9.26m) deal for the Hajduk Split winger Nikola Vlasic as they look to improve Ronald Koeman’s attacking options before the transfer deadline.

The 19-year-old, who played against Everton in the recent Europa League play-off, is set to sign for the Goodison Park club after a fee including add-ons was agreed between the two clubs. Vlasic has scored 10 goals in 85 appearances for Split since breaking into the first team three seasons ago and is a Croatia under-21 international.

Everton have spent almost £150m this summer overhauling Koeman’s squad but the manager remains in need of another striker plus a left-sided defender to provide cover for Leighton Baines. He has claimed that the Chelsea outcast Diego Costa would be “welcome” on Merseyside but Vlasic is expected to be the club’s next arrival.

The Goodison club will be busy in the final days of the transfer window with Ross Barkley the subject of interest from Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur – but no bids as yet – and Kevin Mirallas, dropped for the defeat at Chelsea on Sunday because of attitude problems, wanted by his former club Olympiakos.

Just now, Lineker said:

File this one under "probably bollocks", but Divock Origi's father has apparently been saying that a move to Spurs is apparently a possibility for him.

Yeah this has been touted a lot. I think Origi is likely to be off because we can't give him the playing time he wants, though I'm not sure how that situation improves at Spurs either. There's been talk of a loan for him too, or (more watertight) as a makeweight in the deal for Thomas Lemar which he is said to be open to.

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Probably. Him not being chucked on after Burnley levelled - instead Davinson Sanchez came on with Tobes moving up front - spoke volumes.

How does Pochettino like his strikers? Kane strikes me as someone who doesn't really do much off the ball which would be similar to Origi. He will score goals when he plays; it's the way he slows the game down and doesn't lead the press that has Klopp not fancying him.

15 minutes ago, Nerf said:

How does Pochettino like his strikers? Kane strikes me as someone who doesn't really do much off the ball which would be similar to Origi. He will score goals when he plays; it's the way he slows the game down and doesn't lead the press that has Klopp not fancying him.

This is literally so far from the mark - Kane leads the press, runs the channels, brings others into play, holds the ball up, tracks back and is often able to interchange in the front three behind him if needed if we are out of position. Kane literally does so much off the ball and it's one of the aspects to his game which makes him so good. 

• Like 4