Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

Yeah I like Danny Ward, I think Hennessey is bang average.

Apparently Newcastle want Tammy Abraham from us on loan. I was half hoping we'd keep him since he's bagged plenty this year for Bristol but if we're deadset on Lukaku and Batshuayi can suddenly score then it'll be good to see him playing in the Prem for someone.

Wayne Hennessey is waaaaay better than Boaz Myhill.

Noted penalty-winner and Cardiff-defeater Marvin Emnes has been released, as has Gerhard Tremmel. Meanwhile Bafetimbi Gomis has Galatasaray interested, which is great as he won't be topping the flagged offside tables anymore in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Hopefully you'll loan out Danny Ward again (even to Huddersfield if they go up). The more first team football he gets, the better. Don't think it'll be long before he takes over from Hennessey for Wales. 

I'd like Ward to stick with Huddersfield if they go up or loan him to another Prem team. He done alright when he played for us in those few games, think he needs some experience in the Prem. 

I find it funny that, on our way back up to the Championship, we've so far signed:

A player from a team relegated to League Two (Ched Evans)
A player from a team promoted from League Two (Enda Stevens)
A player from a team relegated to the National League (Nathan Thomas)

:huh:

21 minutes ago, DFF said:

I find it funny that, on our way back up to the Championship, we've so far signed:

A player from a team relegated to League Two (Ched Evans)
A player from a team promoted from League Two (Enda Stevens)
A player from a team relegated to the National League (Nathan Thomas)

:huh:

The thing is, just because a player is in a shit team or whatever that doesn't automatically make them rubbish. Thomas was the stand-out player at Hartlepool despite their struggles, and Enda Stevens is a quality full back - probably the best in L2 this season and playing in a team that won the league.

• Like 3

• Admin

Stoke City have confirmed that a 12-month extension has been triggered to extend the contract of right back Phil Bardsley. 

Midfielder Stephen Ireland has been offered a new deal as he continues his rehabilitation from a double leg break sustained in training last year. 

Geoff Cameron has signed a contract extension until summer 2020. 

Goalkeeper Shay Given however heads a list of six professional players who will depart the bet365 Stadium when their contracts expire on 30th June. Given made five Premier League appearances for Stoke this season. Fellow first team goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann will also leave the club next month, along with four players from the Potters’ Under-23 squad, Liam Edwards, Harry Isted, Joel Taylor and George Waring.

I'm nervous. We had two shit transfer windows last season, we still haven't had an official announcement on the manager's job, and there's no decently founded rumours about players we're looking at. We really need good, decent aged central defenders and a backup plan to get teams to stop marking Mahrez so much (cause he has had a shit season since teams figured "put 2 or 3 players on him and he can't move"), else we are going to wind up right back in a relegation battle again :(

I'd be more worried that Leicester's sneaky plan to stop Mahrez getting doubled up on is to sell Mahrez.

26 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'd be more worried that Leicester's sneaky plan to stop Mahrez getting doubled up on is to sell Mahrez.

May as well if they aren't going to give him someone to help take the load off. He's been basically a non-entity all season because he's been figured out. Already got good backup in Damari.

He's a great player, but he needs to play in a team of equally great players so that he isn't the focus.

52 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Silva was quality against us this year, he'll be a quality signing :(

If he gets the chances, but Man City now have at least four or five players that all play in the same position, so I'm assuming someone's heading out of Man City's attacking stable. Pep seemed to struggle at Bayern at times to decide which of his great attacking players to pick, which is part of the reason why he never won the Champions League there.

I'd have thought their priority might be defenders considering that they've released three, Kompany is injury prone and I don't think you can rely on Otamendi and Stones.  

4 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I'd have thought their priority might be defenders considering that they've released three, Kompany is injury prone and I don't think you can rely on Otamendi and Stones.  

Pep doesn't believe in defending though. Probably just play six wingers, a sweeper goalie and four strikers next season.

12 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

It seems really likely that Kyle Walker is off to City :(