Shows from the "animation boom"

MalaCloudy Black

I'm talking 1999-2000 when you had a surge of animated shows.

So far I can think of...

Family Guy

Futurama

Baby Blues

God, The Devil, & Bob

Were there anymore shows? I know FOX aired FG & Futurama, BB & GD&B were on UPN...

Am I missing any shows?

Dilbert (UPN), Mission Hill (WB), Clerks: The Animated Series (ABC), Stressed Eric (NBC), Home Movies (UPN), Gary & Mike (UPN), The Oblongs (WB). They are all the network adult animated shows from memory, not counting the ones named above.

Edited by Psicosis

Thanks a load there Psicosis, I've heard (and seen most every episode) of all those except Clerks: The Animated Series and Stressed Eric, have to look them up. Thanks though.

Gary & Mike and Undergrads kicked ass, Those were two of my favorite annimated shows. Anyone else like them? Anyways, did you mean shows that started in 99-00 or shows that were good during those years?

IIRC, there was an uber-crap Spiderman show during that era too.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't on a primetime block, though.

And Cloudy, you haven't seen Clerks: TAS? Get it. You can get all six episodes for like ten bucks and they're great.

Anyways, did you mean shows that started in 99-00 or shows that were good during those years?

Animated shows that began around that time period.

3 South.

That was an awesome damn show. MTV's finest.

Wasn't that like 2001-2002? I believe it's the same with Clone High. I remember watching that episode (of Clone High) with Tom Green on it. I probably wouldn't laugh as much at that episode or the show now, but I thought it was pretty funny back then.

The animation boom kicked off with shows like Daria, Celebrity Deathmatch, and King of the Hill in 1997-98. Then it hit its peak in 99 with Family Guy and Futurama. Then started to fizzle out in the early 00s with a few shows still creeping out there like 3 South. So while this thread started off asking about the 99-00 years, you gotta take into consideration the ones that started the trend and the ones that came as it was ending. Of course, in 2000, the Reality boom started and we're still stuck in that damn thing.

3 South.

That was an awesome damn show. MTV's finest.

Wasn't that like 2001-2002? I believe it's the same with Clone High. I remember watching that episode (of Clone High) with Tom Green on it. I probably wouldn't laugh as much at that episode or the show now, but I thought it was pretty funny back then.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt