Animaniacs is returning for two seasons

Mick

16 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I agree with @GoGo Yubari that without the original voice cast I will probably avoid this like the plague.

The voices are ingrained in my mind, I know them and identify them. If they change that, it won't be the Animaniacs I'll want to watch, regardless of quality.

They can do what they want with it, as long as Maurice LaMarche voices Brain :shifty: . 

Original voices (Brain aside) aren't a big deal for me. Original writers or no watch though.

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I agree with @GoGo Yubari that without the original voice cast I will probably avoid this like the plague.

The voices are ingrained in my mind, I know them and identify them. If they change that, it won't be the Animaniacs I'll want to watch, regardless of quality.

I wouldn't worry. They have pay-or-play contracts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Animaniacs basically were my life in that mid-90s period between my Sonic the Hedgehog obsession and the 1997 Star Wars re-releases. Chalk me up on the list of those who know it just won't be the same, but will not be able to resist giving it a look out of curiosity.

I wonder if they'll feel compelled to resurrect all the side characters that were rather poor (or even dropped) at the time, just on the basis of Nostalgia (Rita and Runt immediately spring to mind). 

Slappy Squirrel FTW, though.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

I could swear this was announced ages ago. Did I imagine that?

Either way, I'll watch cause Animaniacs was the shit.

It was announced by the studio but it hadn't been picked up anywhere yet. 

10 hours ago, stokerino said:

Animaniacs basically were my life in that mid-90s period between my Sonic the Hedgehog obsession and the 1997 Star Wars re-releases. Chalk me up on the list of those who know it just won't be the same, but will not be able to resist giving it a look out of curiosity.

I wonder if they'll feel compelled to resurrect all the side characters that were rather poor (or even dropped) at the time, just on the basis of Nostalgia (Rita and Runt immediately spring to mind). 

Slappy Squirrel FTW, though.

I hope they leave the Hip Hippos and maaaaaybe Rita and Runt in storage. Slappy, Mindy and Buttons, and the Goodfeathers are all more than welcome.

I adore Animaniacs, but I'm not particularly optimistic about this. Animaniacs had pretty much the best grasp of that '90s "zaniness" that, in inferior hands, would just come across as random and arbitrary - pretty much just Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, The Tick and Earthworm Jim got it right - and I worry that an attempt to reproduce that will just not quite get it right. I'm having visions of it trying to update to a modern audience and feeling more akin to something like Family Guy than the genuinely joyous atmosphere of the original.