Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Just saw someone refer to Jose as the "Portuguese Pulis" on twitter. 😂 

I prefer the name 'Chequebook Pulis', which I've seen floating about for a while.

32 minutes ago, MDK said:

The Sun are reporting Harry Kane to United for £12

Nah, I'd rather buy a DVD or something thanks.

Just as an aside to today's festivities, the loan window doesn't close until 31st August, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair number of 'loan with an obligation to buy in January' type deals in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Sessengnon might be happening. Fulham scrambled to buy a left back in a hurry last night...

Sessegnon doesn't play there for Fulham these days, plus Khan released a statement on Twitter saying there was zero chance he was being sold today.

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Lucas Perez to West Ham confirmed, £4m.

West Ham have got themselves an absolute bargain there.

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This makes no sense to me without a left back incoming. KWP isn't good enough cover for left back, and I wouldn't want Vertonghen out there. 

I feel like we've been a mess this window. If Danny Rose was always off, why didn't we sign a left back ages ago? I haven't even seen us linked with a left back who isn't Ryan Sessengon and there's no way that's happening. 

Ugh. At this rate, we'll sign someone we don't need just for the sake of it. 

Do Spurs not have a Danny Rose-Peters to replace him like they did Walker? 😛

Absolutely no way you're prising Godin away from Atleti for anything less than nine figures, he's the basis of their entire defence.

Maybe the board are just thinking "it's third season Jose. Should we be splashing the cash when he's likely to get sacked by December" 

:shifty:

Just now, Gazz said:

Absolutely no way you're prising Godin away from Atleti for anything less than nine figures, he's the basis of their entire defence.

Supposedly he has a really low release clause. Then again that's probably just internet b.s

If he had a low release clause, teams would be meeting that all over the place. Juve, for example, would have been straight in for him. Plus, he needs to want to move as well, which I doubt. 

There's no way with 5 hours to go, he'd decide to up sticks and move to Manchester. It's all bollocks. 

Yerry Mina is having his Everton medical in Spain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Sessengnon might be happening. Fulham scrambled to buy a left back in a hurry last night...

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Sessegnon doesn't play there for Fulham these days, plus Khan released a statement on Twitter saying there was zero chance he was being sold today.

We're trying to buy a left back so we don't have to play Sessegnon as a left back. He is much better up the top of the pitch, though can then also be used as a backup if our first man goes down injured. It isn't surprising that our best run of form came when we picked up Targett on loan last year and it allowed Sessegnon to go forward.

25 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

United going to be trying to get Rio Ferdinand out of retirement by the end of the day at this rate.

I'd be willing to risk bringing David May out of retirement even if just to get him off MUTV. :shifty:

This doesn't necessarily have to happen today (because loans), but Chelsea need to slim down their senior squad by at least two players because they're over the 17 non-HG players limit.

1. Willy Caballero
2. Antonio Rudiger
3. Marcos Alonso
4. Jorginho
5. N'Golo Kante
6. Eden Hazard
7. Pedro
8. Tiemoue Bakayoko
9. Olivier Giroud
10. Davide Zappacosta
11. Willian
12. Michy Batshuayi
13. Kurt Zouma
14. Cesar Azpilicueta
15. Alvaro Morata
16. David Luiz
17. Emerson
18. Kepa
19. Kovacic

Zouma and Bakayoko seem the likely candidates to me.

Just now, Arjen Robben said:

I think I heard something about Batshuayi going on loan to Valencia.

Perhaps... I'm kind of trying to ignore the possibility of losing any one of our three "honestly, try and pick one because they're all poor in different ways" strikers. <_< 

7 minutes ago, stokerino said:

This doesn't necessarily have to happen today (because loans), but Chelsea need to slim down their senior squad by at least two players because they're over the 17 non-HG players limit.

1. Willy Caballero
2. Antonio Rudiger
3. Marcos Alonso
4. Jorginho
5. N'Golo Kante
6. Eden Hazard
7. Pedro
8. Tiemoue Bakayoko
9. Olivier Giroud
10. Davide Zappacosta
11. Willian
12. Michy Batshuayi
13. Kurt Zouma
14. Cesar Azpilicueta
15. Alvaro Morata
16. David Luiz
17. Emerson
18. Kepa
19. Kovacic

Zouma and Bakayoko seem the likely candidates to me.

I’m guessing Giroud is sticking around then?