Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

10 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Grealish is 22 and was on the verge of an England call up as a teenager when he broke through at Villa. Charlie Adam signed for Liverpool at the age of 25 off the back of one decent season at Blackpool. I don't see much of a comparison.

£25m in today's market might end up looking pretty cheap in the long run, depending on how well Grealish matures both on and off the field. Poch is probably one of the better managers for him to develop under you would think.

Literally all I knew about him was there was noise about which country he would play for a few years ago and had spent the last couple of years in the Championship. 

Which is kinda why I drew the Adam comparison. In my head he's just some guy whose been around whose getting picked up just because Spurs need to do something. I think it's the fact he's ostensibly a championship player going to a top premier league club.

But this is all coming from the POV of not having heard is name mentioned in ages

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm still convinced he was a full back... 

Otherwise all I know about him is he does the stupid short socks/shin pads thing that rightly makes him a target. 

Thought that was that guy from Swansea who does the annoying short socks / shinpads thing??

Grealish is decent. Was good in flashes in the Championship and is very technically good. Don't see him being at Spurs' level though. He's very lightweight too. Can't see him being consistently brilliant in the Premier League.

Still disappointed he didn't choose us internationally. He'd be starting for us and I can't see him getting near the England team ever.

13 minutes ago, TCO said:

Grealish is decent. Was good in flashes in the Championship and is very technically good. Don't see him being at Spurs' level though. He's very lightweight too. Can't see him being consistently brilliant in the Premier League.

Still disappointed he didn't choose us internationally. He'd be starting for us and I can't see him getting near the England team ever.

I told your FA that I can do a job. My step-dad is Irish and I've been to Dublin and I love colcannon (beautiful town, you should visit).

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Literally all I knew about him was there was noise about which country he would play for a few years ago and had spent the last couple of years in the Championship. 

Which is kinda why I drew the Adam comparison. In my head he's just some guy whose been around whose getting picked up just because Spurs need to do something. I think it's the fact he's ostensibly a championship player going to a top premier league club.

But this is all coming from the POV of not having heard is name mentioned in ages

To be fair Spurs signed Delle Ali when he was not considered a top player, instead a prospect and that turned out alright for them.

• Like 3

That is true, I understand that. Each transfer is different. The same could be said for Andy Robertson.

Although the common factor in both of those signings is that they cost less than 10 million :shifty:

28 minutes ago, Hobo said:

That is true, I understand that. Each transfer is different. The same could be said for Andy Robertson.

Although the common factor in both of those signings is that they cost less than 10 million :shifty:

And as stated so many times, you can't place a direct comparison on that transfer market and the current one.  

• Like 2

Still, I'd be a bit concerned if I were a Spurs fan and this was the only signing.  If it were to happen.

• Admin

It's far from ideal; but we are fortunate to already habe a strong squad.

Any player we sign now will take a while to get up to the standards of Poch anyway. Expecting big things from Lucas Moura this season.

The exception to this is obviously Sissoko who is just shit.