Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

53 minutes ago, stokerino said:

This doesn't necessarily have to happen today (because loans), but Chelsea need to slim down their senior squad by at least two players because they're over the 17 non-HG players limit.

1. Willy Caballero
2. Antonio Rudiger
3. Marcos Alonso
4. Jorginho
5. N'Golo Kante
6. Eden Hazard
7. Pedro
8. Tiemoue Bakayoko
9. Olivier Giroud
10. Davide Zappacosta
11. Willian
12. Michy Batshuayi
13. Kurt Zouma
14. Cesar Azpilicueta
15. Alvaro Morata
16. David Luiz
17. Emerson
18. Kepa
19. Kovacic

Zouma and Bakayoko seem the likely candidates to me.

Get rid of Luiz and send Bakayoko out on loan would be my choice. In retrospect, bringing in Green seems like a great call.

On 07/08/2018 at 16:58, Arjen Robben said:

Is Besic in the first team plans at Everton this year? Genuinely not sure why we seem to have made no interest in either signing him or loaning him again, he was really good for us last season.

On 07/08/2018 at 17:18, Adam es Tranquilo said:

As for Besic, I'm not really sure. The new manager might rate him more, I've always liked him but I am surprised he hasn't left yet to be honest.

Sky Sports now saying you're signing him for 6m.

I'd imagine that would be because Andre Gomes is apparently having a medical ahead of a move to Everton.

7 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Manchester United sign Foo-Kin No-Wan is a joke I definitely haven’t read multiple times already. 

Nor have I ever heard that joke in previous transfer windows with <insert different team name here>.

I heard that Brighton are close to signing the Korean international Bum-Fun.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Fulham are close to completing a deal to sign André-Franck Zambo Anguissa from Marseille for around £26m, with the Cameroon midfielder due to have a medical in the south of France.

£26 million!? Eh.

I don't understand football anymore. I play Football Manager way more than is particularly healthy to do so and yet still, Premier League clubs are able to spunk £25m+ on players I have literally never heard of.

• Like 2

I've had a look down every Premier League club's completed deals this summer and it seems a strange window, many sides have only signed a couple of players but is the reason for this the truncated window, the fact it's World Cup year or simply the fact that most clubs have not lost too many key players? Or something else I've missed?

I'm used to there being loads of deals all over the shop but this year just hasn't been the case. Spurs haven't signed nor sold anybody of note. Man City have signed Mahrez but that's it. Man Utd have only signed Fred. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea have signed 4-6 players each but they all pretty much cover first team departures or are obvious upgrades, then you have sides like Everton, Crystal Palace and Watford with 2-3 first team signings and that's it.

It's all very odd. Maybe the early shutting window and World Cup has caught everyone off guard a bit.

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Tim Fosu-Mensah off to Fulham on loan.

So not only are we not signing anyone, we're shoving off a player who could fill in in defence if required and seems to have a lot of potential to do a similar run to McTominay last season.

Just now, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I've had a look down every Premier League club's completed deals this summer and it seems a strange window, many sides have only signed a couple of players but is the reason for this the truncated window, the fact it's World Cup year or simply the fact that most clubs have not lost too many key players? Or something else I've missed?

I'm used to there being loads of deals all over the shop but this year just hasn't been the case. Spurs haven't signed nor sold anybody of note. Man City have signed Mahrez but that's it. Man Utd have only signed Fred. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea have signed 4-6 players each but they all pretty much cover first team departures or are obvious upgrades, then you have sides like Everton, Crystal Palace and Watford with 2-3 first team signings and that's it.

It's all very odd. Maybe the early shutting window and World Cup has caught everyone off guard a bit.

I definitely think its that. Players didn't want their World Cup prep disrupted by having negotiations prior to the tournament and the shortened window has led to clubs not really having enough time to getting stuff finalised.

• Like 1