Taskmaster

K

I really love this show. I've been singing 'He thinks he's tall, but he's not tall... little... Alex..... HORNE' all afternoon.

This season has had some great moments. During episode 1 I thought Alice Levine was going to be smashing every task, what with her outside-the-box thinking during lemon stacking, but since then she's been a bit minimal effort. Tarbuck and Vine are storming ahead at the moment and are my current favourites. The bit where Tarbuck figured out the mystery-wall task and the men were just ignoring her was pretty shocking. I was watching with my partner and she was like, yeah that's pretty much how it is being a woman in any industry. 

Anyway, Taskmaster remains one of the best things on TV.

Also I was at the filming of a task for next season and it was really good.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, K said:

I really love this show. I've been singing 'He thinks he's tall, but he's not tall... little... Alex..... HORNE' all afternoon.

This season has had some great moments. During episode 1 I thought Alice Levine was going to be smashing every task, what with her outside-the-box thinking during lemon stacking, but since then she's been a bit minimal effort. Tarbuck and Vine are storming ahead at the moment and are my current favourites. The bit where Tarbuck figured out the mystery-wall task and the men were just ignoring her was pretty shocking. I was watching with my partner and she was like, yeah that's pretty much how it is being a woman in any industry. 

Anyway, Taskmaster remains one of the best things on TV.

Also I was at the filming of a task for next season and it was really good.

Is it available online/streaming anywhere, or do you just have to watch it on Dave/Comedy Central (I can't remember which channel it is...)?

37 minutes ago, Liam said:

Is it available online/streaming anywhere, or do you just have to watch it on Dave/Comedy Central (I can't remember which channel it is...)?

You can stream every episode on either the UKTV Play website, or the UKTV Play app. You even get the new episodes a few days earlier than the TV broadcast. 

1 minute ago, K said:

You can stream every episode on either the UKTV Play website, or the UKTV Play app. You even get the new episodes a few days earlier than the TV broadcast. 

Cheers mate. Did you watch it from the start?

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

Cheers mate. Did you watch it from the start?

Yeah I definitely recommend starting from the beginning. Also after you've done Five seasons there's the Champion of champions special which is listed separately

I love the UK version. The american version just isn't as good, and Greg Davies, at least in my opinion, is a much better fit as the host than Reggie Watts is. I love Reggie Watts in Comedy Bang Bang, but I just don't think he's a particularly good casting choice. I don't particularly like Lisa Lampanelli either, and the audience are a little overzealous for my liking.

25 minutes ago, Owen said:

I love the UK version. The american version just isn't as good, and Greg Davies, at least in my opinion, is a much better fit as the host than Reggie Watts is. I love Reggie Watts in Comedy Bang Bang, but I just don't think he's a particularly good casting choice. I don't particularly like Lisa Lampanelli either, and the audience are a little overzealous for my liking.

I thought Freddy and Ron were good. I think Reggie needs to find his own thing. Like the pictures they used seemed to be more of a Reggie Watts thing than a Greg Davies clone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I thought Freddy and Ron were good. I think Reggie needs to find his own thing. Like the pictures they used seemed to be more of a Reggie Watts thing than a Greg Davies clone. 

I've only watched the first episode so my opinion isn't fully formed yet, but I think Ron and Freddy (notably British :P) are good, but I'm picking up on even small things like even the Taskmaster house being very different from the British version's house. Also feel like maybe there's a bit missing in the show in the lack of chemistry between Alex Horne and Reggie Watts. Otherwise, the show is rather similar to the UK show, although the US show's episodes are shorter and only one person''s significant item is competed for in each episode.

EDIT: I'm halfway through the second episode now. Seems like all the tasks are the same as from the UK version, even including the bonus tasks that are only given to one contestant (i.e. things like using different accents and that), which is a shame.

Edited by Owen

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, CrOwentia said:

Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang, James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert and Jessica Knappett will be the contestants of Taskmaster series 7.

Since this has been announced, I can probably tell you all that I took part in one of Rhod Gilbert's tasks, so look forward to that.

Here's a trailer. Well, actually it's more of a caravan.

ha.

• Like 2

I think I've watched every series at least twice now, my favourite is probably Season 3 with Al "Moneybags" Murray and his gong.

As far as tasks go this may always be my favourite (although they should bring back the buy a gift for "£20" task ASAP).

• Like 2

My favourite series is probably series 5, Nish was a lot of fun and 'bubbly fuck' was a classic moment, and Bob Mortimer was great the entire time. Sally Phillips was also unexpectedly wonderful. Also, because apparently I'm 5 years old, I found his instant response of 'I'm not gonna do a poo' for the head-mounted camera task absolutely hilarious.

Do I just adore Greg Davies or is it just a pure coincidence that he's in a whole bunch of great shows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

aw I like what I've seen of his stand-up, why?

I'm not even sure why I came into this thread, I'm so behind that I haven't even finished the first episode of this series yet :(

I found his funniest stuff to be when I'd see him on panel shows. I think he loses some of the luster when he actually comes off as more normal than I first envinsioned him. But can't blame a guy for wanting to, y'know, have a successful career.

I don't dislike him, I just reaaaaally liked him when I first saw him. His Netflix stuff is good though.