UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read up on what they were singing. It's a song that I've hated for ages, or rather I hate the beginning and end of it (the bits related to Spurs). The middle non-Spurs part is catchy/fun to sing, annoyingly enough, so you tend to get a lot of people NOT singing the very start and then also shutting up before the end (I, too, used to do this), but obviously this isn't apparent to those who *do* sing the racist parts so really joining in for any segment of the song is just enabling them. I don't even join in with the 'okay' part anymore.

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Yay, we got BATE Borisov in the KO round.

We had them in the group stage last season and beat them 10-2 over the two matches. Even Mathieu Debuchy scored against them. 

We just had BATE in our group. RLC scored a hat-trick against them. They probably haven't got any better.

We have Malmo! I'd be tempted to try for an away trip to visit Malmo and Copenhagen if I didn't have to be in the UK for other things that week.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin
12 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Chelsea's most recent away results: 2-0, 4-0, 6-0.

Stay tuned for Malmo to hand out an 8-0 thrashing later this evening! :shifty: 

Didn't someone tweet MOTD2 this past week with something similar to that effect? How your last few results were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, and then, as it turns out, 6-0?

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Didn't someone tweet MOTD2 this past week with something similar to that effect? How your last few results were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, and then, as it turns out, 6-0?

There's the 2-1 win over Newcastle and 2-1 cup 'win' (via penalties) over Spurs that mess up that sequence, so not really.

This has been fucking awful. 

I must say, I’m getting really confused with Emery’s team selections. So often he’s only fielding three attacking players, then we wonder why we’re so short of creating quality chances.

Özil and Ramsey continue to sit on the sidelines. I really, really don’t get it.

It genuinely doesn't even look like the same team that went on the unbeaten run at the start of the season. Players like Auba and Lacazette should be scoring for fun against teams like Borisov, not struggling to get a touch of the ball. Dreadful.