UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

It'll be interesting to see who gets the Brexit bragging rights of being the first English team to exit Europe (Burnley didn't get through the qualifying stages so they don't count :shifty:). 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. God forbid we put a bit of personality into the proceedings.

Anyway, good result, not the best game. Rennes were at their theatrics again but thankfully it didn't work this time. Really hoping we get Vilarreal in the draw tomorrow, would be a fantastic reception for Santi Cazorla.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Fantastic result for us.

Still work to do in the 2nd leg though, but we've put ourselves in a good position.

The amount of people I've seen saying that they're disappointed it wasn't more, saying 2 nil isn't enough to take to Naples is mental. I'd have bitten your hand off for 2 nil before the game. It's a good first leg and I don't see why we shouldn't be able to beat them over there.

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

The amount of people I've seen saying that they're disappointed it wasn't more, saying 2 nil isn't enough to take to Naples is mental. I'd have bitten your hand off for 2 nil before the game. It's a good first leg and I don't see why we shouldn't be able to beat them over there.

There were a few chances we could have got more, but by the same token, Napoli could have easily had 2 or 3 by the end. 

Some people I think watch the match a little one-sided. 2-0 is nothing but a quality result all things considered. 

10 hours ago, Kaney said:

I think they are worried about your bad away form. Something like an average of 3 goals conceded in the last month of away games? Still, I hope they can do it.