UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Lineker said:

6,000 allocation for Arsenal and Chelsea. In a stadium which holds 68,700.

5,801 to be precise. :lol: The stadium map of where Chelsea's tickets are is just comical.

Baku.PNG

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Eh... European finalists or not, I can't really ignore the fact that the 3rd-6th teams in the league have been breaking new ground in shitting the bed lately.

Are they, though? Chelsea and Spurs are on pace for 74 and 73 points respectively, which sounds about right for 3rd and 4th. I think the perception is just worse because the bad form seems to have come all at once for everybody, and the top two being ridiculous have made the league table look so distorted.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220247

No direct flights from London to Baku in the entire week of the final. Alternatives include a 4 day train journey or 59 hour drive. :lol:

(I had briefly considered trying for a ticket and using one of the club's official chartered flights like I did for Munich...but that costs £979 plus the match ticket, so lol nope.)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220247

No direct flights from London to Baku in the entire week of the final. Alternatives include a 4 day train journey or 59 hour drive. :lol:

(I had briefly considered trying for a ticket and using one of the club's official chartered flights like I did for Munich...but that costs £979 plus the match ticket, so lol nope.)

How does a giant hub like London not have a direct flight to Baku?

14 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

How does a giant hub like London not have a direct flight to Baku?

They have/had direct flights but they've either all been bought up already, or just don't fly midweek or something.

A friend asked me "Is there no boat to Baku from Turkmenbashi?". The answer is apparently "yes but you'd be a fool to try it". :lol: 

There is no timetable for any of these ferries. When they leave depends a lot on the weather, and on the amount of freight that is loaded. Basically, it leaves when it’s full. This means every 3-5 days between Aqtau and Baku and every day or every other day to Turkmenbashi and back. The passage takes around 30 hours for Baku-Aqtau and 17 hours for Baku-Turkmenbashi.

However, serious delays happen. Between Baku and Aqtau you can wait up to 2 weeks if you are unlucky. Although the Baku – Turkmenbashi is much more reliable, the port in Turkmenbashi is sometimes too busy, which means you can wait up to a day or more in the port before you are allowed in. One traveler waited for 6 days! This can happen in the other ports too, by the way.

It's unlikely just now. We've asked UEFA for guarantees if safety and they haven't done anything so who knows. I'd very much prefer to have him but obviously his safety is a bit more important.

36 minutes ago, Kaney said:

It's unlikely just now. We've asked UEFA for guarantees if safety and they haven't done anything so who knows. I'd very much prefer to have him but obviously his safety is a bit more important.

Yeah, I just read that UEFA have said they cannot guarantee his safety.

Fucking shambolic to be honest, the whole thing.

To be honest, all four finalists across both tournaments should come together and refuse to play finals for such a corrupt organisation like UEFA.

That means that nobody will win anything and Spurs won’t win the European Cup.

:shifty:

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

To be honest, all four finalists across both tournaments should come together and refuse to play finals for such a corrupt organisation like UEFA.

That means that nobody will win anything and Spurs won’t win the European Cup.

:shifty:

It's the one true outcome in 14,000,605.

UEFA released a statement “explaining” why Arsenal and Chelsea will only receive 6,000 tickets each. 

The statement basically says that they didn’t anticipate that many fans would be able to travel to such a difficult place.

So yeah, well done.  

• Haha 1