UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

I read somewhere 30000 seats are for sponsors and VIPs. The whole Europa League ticket situation may be ridiculous but it's not like it doesn't happen in the ECL as well.

UEFA just loves the moneys.

EDIT: I accidentally sent this while I was still writing. -.-

Edited by Malenko
  • Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

UEFA released a statement “explaining” why Arsenal and Chelsea will only receive 6,000 tickets each. 

The statement basically says that they didn’t anticipate that many fans would be able to travel to such a difficult place.

So yeah, well done.  

It all made sense when they were expecting Turkish and Ukranian teams to be in the final...

11 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Aaaaand Loftus-Cheek got injured in our 'post-season' friendly against New England Revolution, because OF COURSE he did. <_<

Ruptured Achilles tendon. Having surgery this evening. Yay.

It is looking more and more unlikely that Mkhitaryan will be involved in the final due to security concerns.

Fucking disgraceful that any player should miss a final due to fears over their safety, genuinely disgraceful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Do you want Atsu back? I'll give him a lift if it helps.

They can have Kenedy back first.

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

It is looking more and more unlikely that Mkhitaryan will be involved in the final due to security concerns.

Fucking disgraceful that any player should miss a final due to fears over their safety, genuinely disgraceful. 

This is one of the bigger fuck ups UEFA have made in quite a while. The final stadium should be decided closer to the final, no way should an all English final be played in a place that has no direct flights to the destination.

It's been reported that both Arsenal and Chelsea have had to give roughly half their 6,000 allocation back, because the logistics of getting to Baku are simply impossible.

Good grief.

• Haha 2

Its shite on a number of levels.

On a human level, it's a game of football and it shouldn't be a case of he can't go and play because of threats towards his safety

On an organisational level, it's a ridiculous place to hold a final due to circumstances like this, lack of infrastructure to allow for a number if people to go there, a financial level for people get there. 

On a professional level, he's missing out on what could be a big moment in his career on a European stage over this. 

Absolute shambles