Lineker

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

Fuck off with this shit. 

Now watch Spurs win the European Cup. Then I'm just retiring myself to a dark corner for the rest of eternity. 

We won't win.

But if we do, I am going to be such an insufferable prick. 

Yes, even more so than usual.

• Haha 3

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

Fuck off with this shit. 

Now watch Spurs win the European Cup. Then I'm just retiring myself to a dark corner for the rest of eternity. 

The darkest of all timelines. Its pretty much nailed on now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Fuck off with this shit. 

Why even say this?! 😠😥

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

We won't win.

But if we do, I am going to be such an insufferable prick. 

Yes, even more so than usual.

Your reverse psychology won't work here. 

• Haha 1

I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning, especially after the first 20 minutes but this is just awful. Chelsea all taking turns now, free shots on goal for everyone.

Felt like this was a watershed moment for the club. If we won and got back to champions league then we could still hang in with the top teams but this has been horrendous. Where do we go from here?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDK said:

Oh no, another season in the top flight fighting for European competition :shifty:

Waaaaaah, no one has a right to be upset unless you're the lowest club in the entire pyramid, waaaaaaaaaah

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning, especially after the first 20 minutes but this is just awful. Chelsea all taking turns now, free shots on goal for everyone.

Felt like this was a watershed moment for the club. If we won and got back to champions league then we could still hang in with the top teams but this has been horrendous. Where do we go from here?

We don't. We continue to stagnate I guess. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kaney said:

Waaaaaah, no one has a right to be upset unless you're the lowest club in the entire pyramid, waaaaaaaaaah

Salford are lower than us

It's really difficult to articulate how we have done this season. 

I would argue the football has been worse than last, but we're better off. We've performed better in the games against the other top 6, but still had a couple of hidings. I can't see it changing anytime soon. I guess this is Arsenal now.

Arsenal are so poor, honestly. This was a fucking great team when I was growing up. From like 2010 or something, or probably earlier, they're just so fucking feeble, every side they rebuild. Constantly in need of a rebuilding job, and then they do and it's still a fucking poor side. Literally what is this defence? Why is there no proper right back to backup Bellerin? Why is Subbuteo Peter Crouch your left back? Why is 80 year old Stephan Lichtsteiner at the club like some grim spectre haunting the club and it's fans with a potential appearance? Guy is basically The Groke at this point. But probably with less pace. Why is Mustafi a footballer? How is French Darren Anderton somehow still your best centre back? Why is Granit Xhaka? 

Seems to be a regular thing of just letting important players have their contracts run down as well, which I've never understood, that would infuriate me so fucking much as a fan, just absurd mismanagement.

Used to at least get by, for the most part it seemed, on outscoring other teams even when their defence was fucking dismal, like a shit Barcelona, but now they don't even have that to hang their hopes on, just good forwards in front of a mediocre midfield in front of a shit, injury prone nursing home of a defence, playing largely average football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2