TEW 20 2002 Mod

I'm currently working on a 2002 mod for TEW from April 2002, the main elements of this will be

• April 1st will mark the first night of the WWE Brand Extension with Raw and Smackdown rosters set
  • Chikara is set to begin in May with NWATNA and MLW set for a June launch
  • ROH is still in it's infancy
  • Touring promotions XWF and WWA are still active, whilst XPW, CZW and JAPW offer alternatives
  • CMLL and AAA dominate the Mexican scene, NJPW, AJPW, Zero-1 and NOAH are the leaders in Japan, and FWA and UK-Hammerlock represent the British market

So where is the mod at the minute? Currently there are 41 Companies added into the game and 1316 workers which are having the profiles/stats updated. The base data for 238 titles (with currently 1225 lineage records), 500 relationships, 60 tag teams and 15 gimmicks have been added - clearly there is still a long way to go with this.

The planned release will be staggered in three parts:

1. All worker profiles completed, rosters for all companies in place, full titles and title lineage, TV shows and networks, tag teams, stables, gimmicks, hall of fames/immortals, Power 500 completed. New match types and angles file in place. 
  2. Amendments made/errors fixed from the above. Venues/locations added.  Chemistry/Announcer Experience completed. Completed training facilities and graduates. Pictures/agers added for workers
  3. Further amendments to the above. Match/hair histories, scandals, other TV shows, media groups, eras and narratives finalised

I want every area of the game to be completed 

I'm aiming for an ambitious first release in August but that's a bit of a stab in the dark at the minute. Where I could do with help with is rosters for the Japanese/Mexican companies. Any information/links/sites which people have for these would be a massive help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ScotKen said:

Good luck with it. I've a 2002 ready to go, but can't get a response on permissions...

I've seen you post this several times. Did you modify the mod enough that it's your work? For the most part, permissions for a wrestling mod of real people that nobody can own is bullshit. Now if you just converted someone else work, didn't do anything to it and released it as your own, that's another story and is a bit of a morality issue. Otherwise who fucking cares. Give the person that you used as a base and put it out there. If it's good, people will play it. If you get banned from somewhere over it then you didn't need to be there to begin with.

This whole "permission" bullshit is driving me insane. Yes, it's nice to ask that person for permission but if they're being a tool about it and you've put in just as much work to modify the scenario then fuck them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Forked Out said:

I've seen you post this several times. Did you modify the mod enough that it's your work? For the most part, permissions for a wrestling mod of real people that nobody can own is bullshit. Now if you just converted someone else work, didn't do anything to it and released it as your own, that's another story and is a bit of a morality issue. Otherwise who fucking cares. Give the person that you used as a base and put it out there. If it's good, people will play it. If you get banned from somewhere over it then you didn't need to be there to begin with.

This whole "permission" bullshit is driving me insane. Yes, it's nice to ask that person for permission but if they're being a tool about it and you've put in just as much work to modify the scenario then fuck them.

Okay, to cover the story...

I utilised the Mod Squad's 2001 database, which I worked on for the UK and European data, some other bits and pieces and spent days testing at that time. By that point, I'd gotten sick of filling so many US, Canadian, Japanese and Mexican gaps that I just didn't bother. Having done it on 80, 85, 97 and whichever other mods Genadi is claiming sole ownership of. Hence, when I came to work on my February 2002 mod, I spent a lot of time...nearly a month...filling the gaps of missing Canadian, Japanese, American, Mexican, UK & European workers (over and above the work done for 2001). I've added promotions, title belts, changed some logos etc, added more of my own cuts, filled out rosters and ensured the rosters are from that month, around that month or any additions make sense. As it's TEW2020, I've also edited the Mexican and Australian venues, added more venues, sorted the European and Welsh ones in to the correct region and tested various other things that 20 changed, not to mention trying to get realistic touring schedules for Japanese promotions.

Apologises to Jam for filling his thread.

So then once again, fuck Genadi. I will give him credit as he's provided some very solid quality mods, but he has done none of it on his own and claiming "ownership" of time periods is fucking ridiculous. He doesn't give permission to his mods because he wants to be the sole person who does mods, and it's detrimental to the game as a whole. I still use his mods but as a person, he can fuck right off.

• Like 5

Good luck with the 2002 mod here, man.

I have been working on one for awhile too, but I'm not as far along as you are. When mine gets to a point that I have data in it that you may need, feel free to use some of that. I believe that we established here on EWB that mods are free to use as a base so long as you aren't actively trying to undermine another mod maker. Regardless though, anything I release under the All Elite Mods banner will be free to take from.

I won't be just taking anything straight from your mod, but if you're cool with it, I'd also like to be able to use some of what you have. I tweak everything that I import to better suit my ideas of people's stats and the like, but it's nice to have a base piece of data to work from as opposed to just building everything from scratch.

If you need help with anything specific, let me know. I may not be that far along, but in terms of rosters and the such, I can help you out with that and just keep those notes to the side for myself, because I'll be adding as many possible workers and promotions to my database as I can. So again, if there's a specific company that you're looking for info on right now, let me know and I can help you out with that.

2 hours ago, Forked Out said:

So then once again, fuck Genadi. I will give him credit as he's provided some very solid quality mods, but he has done none of it on his own and claiming "ownership" of time periods is fucking ridiculous. He doesn't give permission to his mods because he wants to be the sole person who does mods, and it's detrimental to the game as a whole. I still use his mods but as a person, he can fuck right off.

He doesn't seem to be in a hurry to release TEW 2020 versions of his past modes either. Which is a shame because I'd like to play more than current era mods at the moment and there aren't a whole lot of them available so far.

On 03/07/2020 at 11:09, Jam said:

I'm currently working on a 2002 mod for TEW from April 2002, the main elements of this will be

• April 1st will mark the first night of the WWE Brand Extension with Raw and Smackdown rosters set
  • Chikara is set to begin in May with NWATNA and MLW set for a June launch
  • ROH is still in it's infancy
  • Touring promotions XWF and WWA are still active, whilst XPW, CZW and JAPW offer alternatives
  • CMLL and AAA dominate the Mexican scene, NJPW, AJPW, Zero-1 and NOAH are the leaders in Japan, and FWA and UK-Hammerlock represent the British market

So where is the mod at the minute? Currently there are 41 Companies added into the game and 1316 workers which are having the profiles/stats updated. The base data for 238 titles (with currently 1225 lineage records), 500 relationships, 60 tag teams and 15 gimmicks have been added - clearly there is still a long way to go with this.

The planned release will be staggered in three parts:

1. All worker profiles completed, rosters for all companies in place, full titles and title lineage, TV shows and networks, tag teams, stables, gimmicks, hall of fames/immortals, Power 500 completed. New match types and angles file in place. 
  2. Amendments made/errors fixed from the above. Venues/locations added.  Chemistry/Announcer Experience completed. Completed training facilities and graduates. Pictures/agers added for workers
  3. Further amendments to the above. Match/hair histories, scandals, other TV shows, media groups, eras and narratives finalised

I want every area of the game to be completed 

I'm aiming for an ambitious first release in August but that's a bit of a stab in the dark at the minute. Where I could do with help with is rosters for the Japanese/Mexican companies. Any information/links/sites which people have for these would be a massive help!

Wrestling data let's you search rosters by custom years. I usually do three months before and after the start date.

• Thanks 1

On 04/07/2020 at 10:51, Forky said:

You literally have zero fucking idea pal. How about you just shut your mouth and not speak on topics you know shit about. I take it you don't know Genadi, huh? Also, Kenny likes to whine and exaggerate on things. He likes to play the fucking Martyr and make himself out to be the victim. Get outta here with that shit.

You literally have zero fucking idea pal. How about you just shut your mouth and not speak on topics you know shit about. I take it you don't know Genadi, huh? Also, Kenny likes to whine and exaggerate on things. He likes to play the fucking Martyr and make himself out to be the victim. Get outta here with that shit.

Just now, MrVillian said:

Ah yes, nice of you to come and fight Genadi's battles for him :(Y):

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Forky said:

Ah yes, nice of you to come and fight Genadi's battles for him :(Y):

I'm not fighting anyone's battles. I will defend my friend though. I just think you should stop being a cunt like Kenny and quit shit talking Gen. We get it, you don't like the guy. Doesn't mean you need to jump on things every chance you get to try and destroy the guy. Gen has a lot more followers and people who respect him than you think. Anyways, carry on with your sad life.

4 minutes ago, MrVillian said:

I'm not fighting anyone's battles. I will defend my friend though. I just think you should stop being a cunt like Kenny and quit shit talking Gen. We get it, you don't like the guy. Doesn't mean you need to jump on things every chance you get to try and destroy the guy. Gen has a lot more followers and people who respect him than you think. Anyways, carry on with your sad life.

Try and destroy the guy? Like holy fuck. Dramatic much? 

Also, don't get it twisted. I never once said I didn't respect Genadi for the work he does. What I did say was "Fuck Genadi" for his attitude and general behaviour when it comes to this fucking game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrVillian said:

a cunt like Kenny

As a Scotsman, you kind of get called that on the playground and basically run with it as hello from then on. "Awright ya cunt". Genadi can get fucked though, lying twat that he is. He gave permission, then took it away because I was complaining. I was only complaining because he took the permission back. So, he was basically saying he took it back because of my reaction to him taking it back.

Ask him how Swerve is going, the game he was working on to go against TEW...yet he's so loyal to GDS. Ask him about all the screens he would share from other chats, then slag Adam or Derek or anyone else. Ask him about accusing people of feeding Swerve features to Adam, which he then claimed appeared in TEW2020...I believe Jaysin was the last one he accused, not to his face of course. Ask him about all the Mod Squad drama, about how most of us took a hiatus through boredom of his pish. Finally, ask him when the fuck he'll ever release Summer of Punk.

As for "friend", have you actually met the guy? Funny thing is, I've literally no idea who you are. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ScotKen said:

As a Scotsman, you kind of get called that on the playground and basically run with it as hello from then on. "Awright ya cunt". Genadi can get fucked though, lying twat that he is. He gave permission, then took it away because I was complaining. I was only complaining because he took the permission back. So, he was basically saying he took it back because of my reaction to him taking it back.

Ask him how Swerve is going, the game he was working on to go against TEW...yet he's so loyal to GDS. Ask him about all the screens he would share from other chats, then slag Adam or Derek or anyone else. Ask him about accusing people of feeding Swerve features to Adam, which he then claimed appeared in TEW2020...I believe Jaysin was the last one he accused, not to his face of course. Ask him about all the Mod Squad drama, about how most of us took a hiatus through boredom of his pish. Finally, ask him when the fuck he'll ever release Summer of Punk.

As for "friend", have you actually met the guy? Funny thing is, I've literally no idea who you are. 

Genadi is a guy who's been nothing but helpful to new modders, myself included, yet dumbasses like you will accuse him of wanting to "monopolize modding" as though it were some kind of prestigious form of income and not a passion project for an incredibly niche game. Meanwhile, you've done nothing but piss and moan and bitch and complain on every single platform you possibly can about not having permission to release a mod, to the point where you've been banned on practically every TEW-adjacent Discord or forum despite constantly saying how you're trying to avoid drama. All this while acting like a cunt to new members on GDS, btw, in case anybody forgot that.

Eat shit.

• Like 1