The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Yes volume 1 is out. I just read the new amazing spiderman. What the holy hell is going on there?!? Only 2 issues left and they just pulled something really weird.

Dan Slott's actually been threatened a lot over the thing at the end. Me, I'm just curious as hell as to where this is going.

Amazing Spider-Man 698 / Superior Spider-Man spoilers?

Dan Slott has said that Superior Spider-Man won't be Peter Parker, so... will he be Doc Ock Spidey or someone entirely different? My guess is that it IS Peter Parker, but in another body and identity. Then again, maybe not. Still... Can't stand the damn wait

mad.gif

Oh, also? I'd love it if Norman Osborn (who apparently revived in... 697? 696? One of those) killed Spidey-Ock. I think would be the ultimate "fuck you" to Ock... He manages to get a new lease on life, only for the greatest enemy of his new body kill him? That would be priceless.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Yes volume 1 is out. I just read the new amazing spiderman. What the holy hell is going on there?!? Only 2 issues left and they just pulled something really weird.

Dan Slott's actually been threatened a lot over the thing at the end. Me, I'm just curious as hell as to where this is going.

Dan Slott has said that Superior Spider-Man won't be Peter Parker, so... will he be Doc Ock Spidey or someone entirely different? My guess is that it IS Peter Parker, but in another body and identity. Then again, maybe not. Still... Can't stand the damn wait

mad.gif

Oh, also? I'd love it if Norman Osborn (who apparently revived in... 697? 696? One of those) killed Spidey-Ock. I think would be the ultimate "fuck you" to Ock... He manages to get a new lease on life, only for the greatest enemy of his new body kill him? That would be priceless.

I hate that whole thing so much! My spidey run may end at 700. I havent read much of his really old stuff. That might be fun. Why is everything in comics turning awful?

Honestly, my main problem with Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man was him killing off the original Hobgoblin, and that's been nicely dealt with. I'm willing to give Superior Spider-Man a shot, I mean, Slott has gone on record as a lifelong Spider-Man fan, and I don't think he'd just completely ruin the character. Also, I doubt whatever's coming out of Superior is permanent, I mean, they may intend it to be permanent, kind of like how I think the Clone Saga was supposed to be, but ultimately I'm guessing it will eventually be undone.

Honestly, my main problem with Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man was him killing off the original Hobgoblin, and that's been nicely dealt with. I'm willing to give Superior Spider-Man a shot, I mean, Slott has gone on record as a lifelong Spider-Man fan, and I don't think he'd just completely ruin the character. Also, I doubt whatever's coming out of Superior is permanent, I mean, they may intend it to be permanent, kind of like how I think the Clone Saga was supposed to be, but ultimately I'm guessing it will eventually be undone.

I wasnt reading during the clone stuff so maybe this is how people felt during that deal but I am so against this. I have liked most of Slott's stuff so no I dont think he would just completely ruin the character on purpose, but this and what may be happening next feels like its ruining it. On top of that it doesnt make a lot of sense.

I wasnt reading during the clone stuff so maybe this is how people felt during that deal but I am so against this. I have liked most of Slott's stuff so no I dont think he would just completely ruin the character on purpose, but this and what may be happening next feels like its ruining it. On top of that it doesnt make a lot of sense.

He says it's something that has been brewing since 600, so I'm guessing... (possible spoilers, I guess)

The switch is something that recently happened, as issue 698's recap of Peter Parker's life seems kind of out of place and kind of like someone was getting used to the idea of being in that body and having those memories. As for how it happened, it probably had something to do with Spider-Man and Ock using the same brainwave device or whatever it was, the device that Ock was using to control all technology in New York.

Then again, I may be completely wrong and just throwing stuff up to the air at random.

Still, I believe Slott has said everything will be made clear during the next issues, so come Christmas time, we'll know just what is up.

As for the Clone Saga... I didn't read it while it was going on, either. The company that translated the books here either went bankrupt or the deal they had with Marvel and DC ended, because they just stopped putting comics out (Spider-Man-wise, this was about when Peter had a breakdown and Ben Reilly had just started webslinging again as the Scarlet Spider), so for a couple of years we didn't have Marvel or DC comics. When another company picked Marvel up (as well as some DC mini-series, but monthly stuff it was only Marvel) the Saga was coming to an end. The first issue they did of Spider-Man was a combo (the company did those, instead of an American-sized comic we had two comics in one book, thanks to the characters they did, like Spider-Man or the X-Men, having more than one monthly. Probably was double the price, as well dry.gif) of the issues where Norman Osborn manipulates the strings to induce MJ's labor and where he kills Ben Reilly. So no Clone Saga for me, but from what I've read about it afterwards in the Internet, people were extremely pissed, I believe more so than now.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

He says it's something that has been brewing since 600, so I'm guessing... (possible spoilers, I guess)

The switch is something that recently happened, as issue 698's recap of Peter Parker's life seems kind of out of place and kind of like someone was getting used to the idea of being in that body and having those memories. As for how it happened, it probably had something to do with Spider-Man and Ock using the same brainwave device or whatever it was, the device that Ock was using to control all technology in New York.

Then again, I may be completely wrong and just throwing stuff up to the air at random.

Still, I believe Slott has said everything will be made clear during the next issues, so come Christmas time, we'll know just what is up.

As for the Clone Saga... I didn't read it while it was going on, either. The company that translated the books here either went bankrupt or the deal they had with Marvel and DC ended, because they just stopped putting comics out (Spider-Man-wise, this was about when Peter had a breakdown and Ben Reilly had just started webslinging again as the Scarlet Spider), so for a couple of years we didn't have Marvel or DC comics. When another company picked Marvel up (as well as some DC mini-series, but monthly stuff it was only Marvel) the Saga was coming to an end. The first issue they did of Spider-Man was a combo (the company did those, instead of an American-sized comic we had two comics in one book, thanks to the characters they did, like Spider-Man or the X-Men, having more than one monthly. Probably was double the price, as well dry.gif) of the issues where Norman Osborn manipulates the strings to induce MJ's labor and where he kills Ben Reilly. So no Clone Saga for me, but from what I've read about it afterwards in the Internet, people were extremely pissed, I believe more so than now.

Wow yeah your spoiler does make sense. I did think all the recaps he was doing were weird. It might make sense but I still really hate it.

As srar said, the trade is out. I can not recommend Saga enough! They put the trade out one month, skipped that month basically, and then put issue 7 out. It was planned so that you could catch up with the first six issues and then be ready for issue 7, which is a tremendous idea.

• Like 1

So the writer of Deadpool went in to full-on Kevin Smith-level Star Wars geekery for #002. Greatest line referencing that was, "Can George sue me for speaking to a blue dead guy named Ben?"

mad.gif

I hate that whole thing so much! My spidey run may end at 700. I havent read much of his really old stuff. That might be fun. Why is everything in comics turning awful?

In the past 550 Spider-Man Issues there have been so many reasons to quit. Sure there were good storys, but all in all it stoped being a evolving storyline a long long time ago. Everything big that happens just happens to create sales for a few issues untill it gets reset. It started out with little things like how many times can osborn loose his memory or how many times Aunt May can be almost dead and turned into ginourmuss shit like the unmasking, one more day earsing years of history and the stuff that is going on right now.

Thats why i recommend invincible to everyone around over and over again. It´s a new superhero story that dos not come with all the bageg every other Hero has and Kirkman wirtes it like solid gold almost every issue. (i actualy found it because i asked about wanting exactly this after being pissed of by so many classic books giving me the finger)

That said, i can higly recomend the new Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Book. It´s the best Spider-Man i have read in a while, likely because it has a real fresh start (unlike the first USM book which build largly on the reader knowing whats going on in the area, only altering stuff here and there). Of cause the Death of Peter Parker a year ago also was a classic very forced feeling fuck you to many of the books readers but i think that just comes with the bageg of being a mainstream book.

On the other side of storys. I got a Sad one. Karen Berger quits comics. She was in charge of a shitton of great books during the past god knows how many years.

http://comicsbeat.com/the-karen-berger-era-and-what-comes-next/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/03/vertigone/

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/54990-karen-berger-to-leave-dc-comics-vertigo-imprint-in-2013.html

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I have first prints of The Walking Dead 7 and 8 that I am looking to unload. I was going to go the E-Bay route, but I thought I'd see if anyone on here was seriously interested in buying them first. Go ahead and message me here if you are interested. I will ship anywhere, and we can work out the price of shipping separate from the price of the book(s).

Well, I was considering it if it were trades 7&8, but just two issues? Nah, not one of the comics I collect. There's probably a market for them, though.

Just finished reading Year One, parts of it are brilliant, others not so brilliant... I especially didn't like the ending. I started reading Dark Knight Strikes Again last night, but it's a little too far-fetched for my liking. I ended up giving in and began to read Red Son, which is fantastic. I'm not a fan of Superman, but I'm finding it to be a really interesting take on his story.